Windows 10: Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled

Discus and support Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Windows Update is disabled(I update when I see that updates don't break anything). I had Avast so no problem with updating this antivirus. Is there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by freekarol, Jan 9, 2019.

1. freekarol Win User

Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled

My Windows Update is disabled(I update when I see that updates don't break anything). I had Avast so no problem with updating this antivirus. Is there any way to make Defender update even if Windows Update is disabled? Of course, automatically, manually updating an antivirus is not a good idea...

:)

freekarol, Jan 9, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    Let your Windows 8 Defender update itself automatically.

P4-630, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled :)

Thermopylae_480, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled

Windows updates...

You cant just disable it anymore.
    djlizard.net

*Toast :toast:

wazzledoozle, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled

1. Updating Defender when Windows Update is disabled - Similar Threads - Updating Defender Update

2. Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed: We have McAfee as an Enterprise solution for AV and DLP. We understand when McAfee is installed Windows Defender gets disabled automatically. Day in and out our SOC team sends notification to update Windows Defender though its disabled. I tried and tried with many options for...
  3. Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed: We have McAfee as an Enterprise solution for AV and DLP. We understand when McAfee is installed Windows Defender gets disabled automatically. Day in and out our SOC team sends notification to update Windows Defender though its disabled. I tried and tried with many options for...
  4. Windows Defender Update in disabled mode when McAfee is installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates: I have issues with programming radios on a statewide system and I think I have narrowed the issue down to Windows Defender. I recently reset my laptop, and disabled automatic updates right away. Now I see that the windows defender is still updating itself. How do I...
  6. Windows Defender and Windows Update got disabled by a Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and Windows Update got disabled by a Malware: Windows Defender failed to protect my pc and the Trojian modified registry according to Malwarebytes. Now i can't even check for updates or run windows defender. The "Antimalware service executable" doesn't exist. Not even "Windows Security" I run the sfc/scannow command with...
  7. Windows defender DisableBehaviorMonitoring when update.

Windows defender DisableBehaviorMonitoring when update.: Good morning. Is it possible that windows defender disable his real time protection when is updating? Regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-disablebehaviormonitoring-when/9cb3360c-36fa-4b02-9e5e-682e8c3ebfc3
  8. error when updating windows defender

error when updating windows defender: update keeps failing on windows defender and Microsoft store apps. On troubleshoot I get same error code 0x80070015 on both. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-updating-windows-defender/f0b62657-485a-44e1-b08d-b3289620919b"
  9. Issue when try update the Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue when try update the Windows Defender: Issue when try update the Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-when-try-update-the-windows-defender/590b5448-adc1-4ff4-b024-ab6eded69a09
  10. Disable downloading of all Windows Defender Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable downloading of all Windows Defender Updates?: Hi, is there a way to disable downloading or opt-out of all Windows Defender Updates through Windows Update? I don't understand why M$ updates Windows Defender multiple times per day and I'd rather update Windows Defender manually. Thanks. 9137