Windows 10: updating drivers from driver fix utility

Discus and support updating drivers from driver fix utility in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP laptop. CPU Z utility shows following about it. as shown in above there is a driver update section. So I click on it and it installs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sandila, Aug 11, 2021.

1. sandila Win User

updating drivers from driver fix utility

I have an HP laptop. CPU Z utility shows following about it. as shown in above there is a driver update section. So I click on it and it installs Driver fix application on my laptop. The application shows following details so I download by clicking on the application all drivers. It says 4 drivers in problem. One of them being SMBUS It downloads a lot of drivers There are drivers downloaded in C:\DF_Files\synaptics smbus driver Code: tp_l14gen2_amd_mt20x5-20x6-l15gen2_amd_mt20x7-20x8_w1064_20h2_202103.exe this exe has a lot of drivers. since I am using free version of utility I am not able to understand which of the drivers downloaded should be installed. I double clicked on Device Setup inside "C:\DF_Files\intel flash update driver\Sysinfo_V14_1_Build22_AllOS\Win_x64\Drivers" I am not able to understand which one to install and which to not. As of now I have not proceeded with any thing but the application pops up after reboot and says drivers are not upto date. What should I do?

:)

sandila, Aug 11, 2021

2. Intel Driver Update Utility Installer

Hello,

To address your concern, it's safe to run the Intel Driver Update Utility Installer if it's compatible with Windows 10. If not, you can run it in
    Compatibility Mode. Regarding with the error "USB controller has failed or not working", refer to the steps provided below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Uninstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right click on any device in the Device Manager, and click Scan for hardware changes. It will automatically reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2021
  4. updating drivers from driver fix utility

The Dell Update Utility and Updating Drivers

1) Always remember the First Rule of Computers: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Personally, I think you're better off uninstalling (or at least disabling) the Dell Update Utility. From time to time, you can visit the Dell Downloads page for your computer to see if there's anything you really need.

2) cf.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/uninstall-disable-roll-back-update-drivers-windows
    (ignore the
    Click here to fix Windows errors... ad)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will find Community-based support for Dell computers & software in these forums =>

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

updating drivers from driver fix utility

1. updating drivers from driver fix utility - Similar Threads - updating drivers driver

2. updating drivers from driver fix utility

in Windows 10 Support
    updating drivers from driver fix utility: I have an HP laptop. CPU Z utility shows following about it. as shown in above there is a driver update section. So I click on it and it installs Driver fix application on my laptop. The application shows following details so I download by clicking on the application all...
  3. Driver Utility?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Utility?: Hi, What do you guys use to et the newest drivers? Glary Utilities Pro isn't for this is it? 182767
  4. Driver Utility?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver Utility?: Hi, What do you guys use to et the newest drivers? Glary Utilities Pro isn't for this is it? 182767
  5. Fixing drivers

Fixing drivers: Hey I need help fixing a driver that won't run any more for my corsair keyboard I've checked device manager and it shows a driver error also showing in properties says the driver could not be started. I've bought a completely new keyboard and it still won't work. Has a ! Mark...
  6. Drivers & Utilities Software Updater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers & Utilities Software Updater: hello all out there , i am curious if we have any legit application to scan our windows/system for any updates like usb/audio/etc devices. there are thousand in the web but unfortunately they are all scams......
  7. Driver Update utilities?

Driver Update utilities?: There are numbers of driver scanning and updating software to download in the Internet, like this: Free Driver Scanner | Windows Driver Update and Driver Download Software for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP Are they trustable? Which one would be the best? I prefer free one but...
  8. Utility for info drivers

Utility for info drivers: Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me if there is a utility for Windiws 10 to get information about installed drivers? For example, if the driver is 32 or 64 bit, for which version of Windows the driver was built (W7, W8, etc.). To use an old SCSI controller (U320 and PCI-X) in...
  9. Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem)

Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem): Recently, the WiFi on this particular laptop has been sub-par. Downloading the same file, the WiFi downloads at the rate of 70 kbps (pretty bad) while the Ethernet cable is at 700 kbps ~ 1000 kbps. I know that the Ethernet is almost always faster than the WiFi but the...
  10. Driver update Utility

Driver update Utility: All: I have a program that wants to update my drivers. It said it found 3 drivers that were outdated & wanted to update them! I said yes with some trepidation, then it asked for my Email address! That's were I stopped & backed out & cancelled the whole thing! In...