Windows 10: Updating drivers question

Discus and support Updating drivers question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So can i use device manager to update all my drivers? Like my chipset drivers does it automatically search for the latest chipset drivers for my rog... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AI Phoenixity, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Updating drivers question

So can i use device manager to update all my drivers? Like my chipset drivers does it automatically search for the latest chipset drivers for my rog strix b550 motherboard and my rtx 2070 super does device manager download the latest drivers for that too? Or do i need to get them from their websites, also are those the only ones i need to worry about downloading from the websites and does windows automatically keep everything else up to date so it wont cause problems later?

:)

AI Phoenixity, Mar 6, 2021
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Updating drivers question

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Updating drivers question

1. Updating drivers question - Similar Threads - Updating drivers question

2. Driver question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver question: I have an old PC running windows 10 that I dug out did a full wipe on through windows. The computer will run fine for a couple hours and then my keyboard, mouse and network adapter all dissappear. I can reboot and it will be fine for a couple hours. I've tried updating...
  3. Driver question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver question: I have an old PC running windows 10 that I dug out did a full wipe on through windows. The computer will run fine for a couple hours and then my keyboard, mouse and network adapter all dissappear. I can reboot and it will be fine for a couple hours. I've tried updating...
  4. Driver question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Question about Samsung display driver update

Question about Samsung display driver update: Windows update for several months now has failed to install a Samsung display driver on my Asus laptop. It always fails with the same message: Windows Update Error Encountered A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep...
  6. Question about Windows Driver System Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Windows Driver System Update: Hi so every few minutes my antivirus system, AVG, goes off with this message: http://prntscr.com/pv3ida I followed the folder path and it led me to this http://prntscr.com/pv3ihw Should I attempt to delete these files or make an exception in AVG? AVG's deep virus scan did...
  7. Some Questions re a "Failed" Driver Update

Some Questions re a "Failed" Driver Update: Hi all Regarding "Failed" Driver Update: Intel - net - 10/31/2017 12:00:00 AM - 18.33.11.2 This thread seeks info about (and extending from) a driver update shown* (*Windows Settings > Update & Security > Installed Update History > Driver Updates) as "Failed to install...
  8. Driver Update Question ?!

Driver Update Question ?!: Hi guys im about to install win 10 on my lenovo laptop, and i need some info about drivers. Lenovo in its own manufactured site has all the drivers but some of them are old, so should i use them or leave windows update install them for me ?! 78779
  9. Driver verify question

Driver verify question: I've been having BSOD crashes for a few weeks now on my 10 year old HP desktop running Vista. I ran the BSOD app, reported and told that my problem was a driver and to run the Verify program and click Intel. I could not find Intel on the list so I checked everything that said...
  10. Performance Related Driver Updates Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Related Driver Updates Question: Hi All If I update the following drivers, that Driver Easy Found, will it affect Windows 10 Sleep Mode from working, the following drivers it says need updating are AMD SMBUS I believe It was, AMD Serial ATA Controller, Realtek Audio drivers, and another one that I can't...