Windows 10: Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

Discus and support Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Silva1, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show up in Edge but not their icons.

:)

Robert Silva1, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Hugo 12 Win User

Favicons don't show up in IE or Edge

All but one of my Favicons are working.

Found the favicon listed in the files but will not show on the favorites list??

Recently imported the favorites list to this computer and ended up with this odd ball favicon. How can one not work and how would I reset it?

I use IE11, have no use for the non-robust EDGE.

Hugo 12, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge

Hello Bruce,

Based on your concern about bookmarks in Edge, we would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Karthicka_R on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 15, 2022
  4. rivre Win User

Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

Firefox keeps forgetting the favicons in my bookmarks

Well I just deleted my favicons file and revisited all my bookmarks again.

But I have a new question about favicons now. Most sites generated the favicons fine in my bookmarks in Firefox. However, a few won't update so I just have the generic icon. If I open the same exact page up in Chrome, it generates a favicon. Some favicons just don't seem to appear in Firefox. Any idea why?

Also, I exported my Firefox bookmarks in html format. I then imported them into Chrome using that html file. I read the html file will contain all the favicons. However, when I imported that file into Chrome, a good half or more of the favicons were not in the imported bookmarks and I had to revisit the sites in Chrome to generate them.

Is that Firefox's fault for not properly exporting the favicons in the html bookmark file, or Chrome's fault for not importing them correctly?

rivre, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

1. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons - Similar Threads - Updating Edge Bookmarks

2. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  3. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  4. Firefox mostly generi bookmark favicons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox mostly generi bookmark favicons: I cant remember when it happened, but about 90% of my bookmark favicons have turned generic. What do I do? 178034
  5. Firefox showing wrong or no bookmark favicon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox showing wrong or no bookmark favicon on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have recently updated the Mozilla Firefox browser and found Firefox showing wrong or no bookmark favicon, here are some possible solutions you can follow to get rid of this problem. You need to reset or refresh the favicon [...] This post Firefox...
  6. Firefox keeps forgetting the favicons in my bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox keeps forgetting the favicons in my bookmarks: As the title says, Firefox keeps forgetting the favicons in my bookmarks, and it's driving me nuts. Why does this happen? I just got through refreshing all my favicons yesterday by visiting all my bookmarks again, and all the favicons were generated and appearing in my...
  7. Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - some bookmark favicons are missing/won't appear: This has been bugging me for a long time. Some of the favicons for my bookmarks are missing - just showing generic icons. Even if I visit the page, it still won't build the icon. But then some sites do work. Any idea what's going on? Youtube is one of many examples that just...
  8. Ms Edge and favicons.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge and favicons.: About 3/4 of my favorites, all in folders on the bookmarks bar, do not have favicons. Most of my web pages are well known like facebook, youtube, abc news and ny post. Is there a way to generate them, or is this something edge is working on. Henry 61284
  9. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196
  10. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390