Windows 10: Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game

Discus and support Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the flight simulation x with its service packs I bought from the local market several years ago in a physical DVD, it is already installed on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Invincible_Blue, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game

I have the flight simulation x with its service packs I bought from the local market several years ago in a physical DVD, it is already installed on my pc since then, my question is:Is it possible that I update this original old game simulator X to the new Microsoft flight simulator 2020?? or do I have to pay again for the new version?I do not see any update option either in the menu of the game or from the windows 10 app and programs settings.please advice thanks

:)

Invincible_Blue, Dec 3, 2021

2. MS flight simulator X

Hi,

hope that's easy Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game :)

Check also that on reinstalling FSX, the FSX icon is not set in the Windows 10 Start menu:

A last tr****th FSX not appearing in the programs' list left of the Start Menu, in Microsoft Games, nor the FSX icon with other programs' ones in it (usually the FSX SDK is present in the program list). That is fixed like: just open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
    Menu\Programs\Microsoft Games (note! ProgramData is a hidden item which needs to be made visible with the View tab of the File Explorer; check Hidden items). In there you will find already the Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK folder as the Microsoft Flight
    Simulator X one is missing. Thus just create a new folder named with that name. Thence go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, right click the fsx app and create a shortcut for it (which Windows will ask for creating on the
    desktop). Then move that shortcut into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. FSX now appears both in the programs' list into Microsoft Games, and like a icon on the Start Menu

Gérard Guichard, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Microsoft flight simulator x error

Hi Lancer,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Few questions to understand the situation better,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to repair using the Repair for the Flight Simulator X installation.

To repair Flight Simulator X installation, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Flight Simulator X disc into your DVD drive.

2. Select Repair, and then click Next.

3. Follow the instructions to reinstall Flight Simulator X.

Also refer the below link,

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/community/Pages/default.aspx

Please reply us back if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anupkarkal1709, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game

MS flight simulator X

Hi,

note also that Windows 10, when reinstalling FSX, doesn't set the FSX icon in the Start menu:

A last trouble may occur in case of a FSX reinstall into Windows 10, with FSX not appearing in the programs' list left of the Start Menu, in Microsoft Games, nor the FSX icon with other programs' ones in it (usually the FSX SDK is present in the program
    list). That is fixed like: just open C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Games (note! ProgramData is a hidden item which needs to be made visible with the View tab of the File Explorer; check Hidden items). In there you will find
    already the Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK folder as the Microsoft Flight Simulator X one is missing. Thus just create a new folder named with that name. Thence go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, right click the fsx
    app and create a shortcut for it (which Windows will ask for creating on the desktop). Then move that shortcut into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. FSX now appears both in the programs' list
    into Microsoft Games, and like a icon on the Start Menu

G. Guichard

Gérard Guichard, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game

1. Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game - Similar Threads - Updating Flight Simulator

2. Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game: I have the flight simulation x with its service packs I bought from the local market several years ago in a physical DVD, it is already installed on my pc since then, my question is:Is it possible that I update this original old game simulator X to the new Microsoft flight...
  3. Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Flight Simulator x to the new game: I have the flight simulation x with its service packs I bought from the local market several years ago in a physical DVD, it is already installed on my pc since then, my question is:Is it possible that I update this original old game simulator X to the new Microsoft flight...
  4. Flight Simulator X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flight Simulator X: I purchased FS X on CD and installed it. It started and seemed to work, but when I closed the program it completely disappeared from my Windows 10 system. I've tried re-installing -- no matter what, the program fails to appear in any directory, on the desktop, or in File...
  5. flight simulator x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight simulator x: whenever i start my fsx and go into a multiplayer server it crashes whenever i try to spawn in i have a i9 and a 2080 ti so i dont know why this keeps crashing please help...
  6. Flight Simulator X

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flight Simulator X: I have two internal HDDs in my desktop computer (C & D) - OS Windows 10 Pro. I want to use "D:" for games and have downloaded FSX. My question is - how do I get it to open so I can play. Regards Mike....
  7. Flight Simulator x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator x: How do i download flight simulator on my new laptop that does not support cd's ? I have the disc and the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-x/e1a04144-b8c5-4382-bf19-7ebab5d15f55
  8. Flight Simulator X

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flight Simulator X: Why will Flight Simulator X not install on my new Windows 10 laptop? Are the some updates that I can install, or is there a special installation installation process I can use to fix the problem? Robert Pollitzer *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Flight Simulator X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flight Simulator X: Hello, I installed FSX on my computer but it doesn't show up under the start menu. The install appeared to be successful. I've searched the drive but can't find any sign it is here. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 10....
  10. flight simulator X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight simulator X: I had flight sim on my old pc, I bought a new one and installed it on there now. However after using the program for 30 mins, I get a message that it cant be used as its installed on another pc...