Windows 10: Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

Discus and support Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear users, After several weeks work putting together a holiday video using Photo App when I now open the app it can no longer find any of my photos.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AldoCap, Dec 17, 2018.

1. AldoCap Win User

Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

Dear users,

After several weeks work putting together a holiday video using Photo App when I now open the app it can no longer find any of my photos.

There also seems to be no way to find out where the app thinks it's looking for the photos (e.g. by right clicking on the empty image).

I have read the forum and found many, many users with the same or similar experiences and the general consensus appears to be that there is no way to fix this and the only solution is to start all over again.

Being understandably reluctant to give up on my work I discovered that the file format is SQLite therefore I started to teach myself SQL and downloaded SQLite tools to open the files and examine the folder structure of the database created (see below). I have also asked for help from professionals on the SQL Lite user group with the suggestion below.

Is anyone able to help or is there a far simpler way of fixing this?

At the end of the day all I want to do is to recover my video and get the app to look for my photos etc in a single folder which is "E:\Photos".

Kind regards,
    Carlo.

sqlite> .width 5 50
    sqlite> SELECT Folder_Id,Folder_Path FROM Folder;
    1 C:\Users\carlo\Pictures
    2 C:\Users\carlo\Pictures\Saved Pictures
    3 C:\Users\carlo\Pictures\Camera Roll
    7 C:\Users\carlo\Pictures\Exported videos
    13 C:\Users\carlo\Pictures\2018-09
    14 C:\Users\carlo\Pictures\2018-08
    16 C:\Users\carlo\Pictures\GoPro
    17 C:\Users\carlo\OneDrive\Pictures
    23 C:\Users\carlo\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera imports
    24 C:\Users\carlo\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera imports\20
    25 E:\Photos

Unfortunately there are a lot of tables in the database and with all the TRIGGERs I can see I don't really understand the consequences of making changes like this. You might want to seek help from a forum which understands the software which uses this database.

:)

AldoCap, Dec 17, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

1. Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App - Similar Threads - Updating folder path

2. "path" to photos .

in Windows 10 Support
    "path" to photos .: I added more storage to my Win 10 PC (up to date) because I need more storage. When I did that I moved all of my photos from two smaller drives to a third larger internal drive and added another large drive an internal backup. I also added a 3 TB external drive as a second...
  3. Folder Path "\..\..\"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Path "\..\..\": Could you please let me know what the slash and period "\..\..\" notation mean in a folder path:C:\Users\Username\Documents\Project\..\..\SubProject\Module.basas I'm trying to understand and old VB6 project that errors out on the path?Thank you.DeuceSactown, USA...
  4. Folder Path icon in windows 10

Folder Path icon in windows 10: I want to set the folder path as on English environment like C:\Users\st\ but when viewing properties I see¥ mark. Did System.Locale to English and language to English but not able to solve. Is there any way to solve this? [ATTACH]...
  5. New folder in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New folder in Windows 10 Photos app: Not a big problem but is irritating. Not sure which update added it. In the photo app When I open it and then open folders I now have recent folder (says new in collection)with all the pis listed in folder, an cannot remove it. Windos10 20HD Build 19042.789 173558
  6. Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Folders Photos app Windows 10: I follow the instructions at Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 to stop Photos from adding folders and therefore images to its catalog. Periodically (maybe after an update?) I find that MS has added back in one or more folders. Today it is my...
  7. Update Network Path To Documents Folder

Update Network Path To Documents Folder: We had our network path changed for documents folder on the file server as the old one was decommissioned. For example: Documents folder was pointing to \\michigan1 and was changed to \\michigan2 however in the registry it has the old path Is there a way i can create a...
  8. Photo path

Photo path: I am trying to add some photos to ProShow Gold software but I cannot find the path that my photos are stored in. The ones I need are not in pictures. I am not sure why my pictures are being stored in two different locations....
  9. Displaying photos in folders in the Photos App (Windows 10)

Displaying photos in folders in the Photos App (Windows 10): Hi, I am new to windows 10. I have just imported all my photos to my laptop from Facebook. They are all neatly organised in folders. I thought I'd be able to click and view them in albums as in Windows Photo Viewer and just scroll through. The W10 photo app has...
  10. Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Folders in Photos app in Windows 10 The 3D effects like butterflies, lasers, or explosions that magically appear in your video. The Photos app in Windows 10 gathers photos from your PC,...