Windows 10: Updating for 8 hours and counting

Discus and support Updating for 8 hours and counting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On my HP 255 G2 Notebook PC , I got a message that the April 2018 version was no longer supported which baffles me because this laptop did not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ornithophilia, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Updating for 8 hours and counting

On my HP 255 G2 Notebook PC , I got a message that the April 2018 version was no longer supported which baffles me because this laptop did not have Windows 10 until August 2019 when I used the Free Upgrade Tool saved from Microsoft when I updated another PC. No clue why it would install an old version

Anyway, I told it to update before I went to bed last night and I slept for 7 hours, it was already updating for an hour before bed. I wake up just to find that it is only at 62% after eight hours!

It literally took the entire night and counting!

Does anybody know what the problem could be? I do not think that it is normal to take eight hours to update

:)

Ornithophilia, Nov 21, 2019

2. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Updating for 8 hours and counting

total number (count) of contacts / people?

Hello avioing,

Unfortunately at the moment there is no such mechanism to count all the contacts on the phone. As suggested, you would have to go to windowsphone.live.com and get the count from there. If you have Outlook with Exchange, you should go get the total count
    from within Outlook, same applies to Gmail and other contact lists. Thanks a lot for contributing to the forum!

Patrizia R., Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Updating for 8 hours and counting

1. Updating for 8 hours and counting - Similar Threads - Updating hours counting

2. MSFS 2020 Profile Flight Hours Counter Stopped Counting after a recent update..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020 Profile Flight Hours Counter Stopped Counting after a recent update..: MSFS 2020 Profile Flight-Hours STOPPED Counting and is Frozen on 708 Hours. It happened several M:onths ago, after an update to the Sim.I was planning to be over 900 Hours by now, probably am, but it's going Nowhere like it is... Stuck!This is not an isolated incident, I have...
  3. MSFS 2020 Profile Flight Hours Counter Stopped Counting after a recent update..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSFS 2020 Profile Flight Hours Counter Stopped Counting after a recent update..: MSFS 2020 Profile Flight-Hours STOPPED Counting and is Frozen on 708 Hours. It happened several M:onths ago, after an update to the Sim.I was planning to be over 900 Hours by now, probably am, but it's going Nowhere like it is... Stuck!This is not an isolated incident, I have...
  4. Please Wait Screen 8+ Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Wait Screen 8+ Hours: Pc was running extremely slow so i decided to factory reset it. started last night around 10:30pm and all was going well. the '' Please Wait'' blue screen came on at around midnight which after i fell asleep. It' s 8am and it is still occuring. BIOS cant be updated (already...
  5. windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update stuck at 30% for 8 hours.: Last night I put windows on restart and it got to working on updates 30% and now when its been more than 8 hours and it's still at 30%. What do I do?...
  6. Windows version update stuck on 8% after hours

Windows version update stuck on 8% after hours: So I am updating windows and I left my pc for a while, then I come back to find out that the progress is not going beyond 8% after 6 hours, is there any reason to worry or it's ok because it is windows version update? submitted by /u/werojandro [link] [comments]...
  7. System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!

System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!: I am on a Dell laptop with 512 gb storage with a bit less than half of that full. Prior to the system restore, i ran disk scans to see if anything was wrong and nothing showed up. I also did a full computer scan a week ago using my antivirus and it said my computer was clean....
  8. Windows latest version update stuck at 99% for about 5 hours and counting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows latest version update stuck at 99% for about 5 hours and counting: Hello! Suppose that I am installing Windows 10 to its latest version Windows 10 version 2004, but it still gets stuck at 99%. What must I do with this?...
  9. Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours)

in Windows 10 Support
    Update 100% complete -- for 8 hours): Installing a win 10 update into wife's alienware 17. Download ok. Install ok (though it takes a LONG time). Restart starts on orange screen telling us 1% - 2% etc. you know how it goes. In the process it changes to a black screen and comes to update 100% complete. The cute...
  10. WD 8 second load cycle count

in Windows 10 Support
    WD 8 second load cycle count: I know there is a lot of discussion in the past. Is there still nothing in Windows 10 to fix this? I'm downloading WDIDLE3 and formatting boot disk right now but would prefer a software solution? 1000 cycles in about a week on a brand new HP laptop. 102010