Windows 10: updating forever

Discus and support updating forever in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aleccul69, Mar 18, 2021.

1. updating forever

i got a notification saying that i can install version 20h2 of windows 10, after 45 minutes is still downloading and installing and getting things ready

submitted by /u/Aleccul69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aleccul69, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Smizack Win User

Windows Update loading forever

So I ran both the commands and got this:

updating forever [​IMG]

The log file is also attached.

Smizack, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Windows Update loading forever

Then you have 2 options left:
    • Do a system Restore and go back when your updates worked.
    • Do a repair install, which keeps everything and reinstalls Windows.
    I can provide you steps for the second one

Sumit Dhiman, Mar 18, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

updating forever

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond updating forever :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

updating forever

1. updating forever - Similar Threads - updating forever

2. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  3. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows updates forever?: I am annoyed by windows trying to update every so often when I do not want a update. I am sticking with windows 10. Add an option to remove updates please....
  4. how to stop windows updates forever?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello my microsoft surface notebook is forever stuck on updates are underway. Please keep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello my microsoft surface notebook is forever stuck on updates are underway. Please keep...: Hello my microsoft surface notebook is forever stuck on updates are underway. Please keep your laptop on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-microsoft-surface-notebook-is-forever/877a34a7-b9ba-4cad-9de0-fb7d5007c09e
  6. Hello my microsoft surface notebook is forever stuck on updates are underway. Please keep...

Hello my microsoft surface notebook is forever stuck on updates are underway. Please keep...: Hello my microsoft surface notebook is forever stuck on updates are underway. Please keep your laptop on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-my-microsoft-surface-notebook-is-forever/877a34a7-b9ba-4cad-9de0-fb7d5007c09e
  7. How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?: I've noticed there is no option to stop windows updates: There is only a nonsensical pause option. Even though I set updates to OFF it still updates after some time which is totally not what I need. The thing is my hard ware is really old and I can't risk new updates like the...
  8. How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?

How to stop Windows 11 updates forever?: I've noticed there is no option to stop windows updates: There is only a nonsensical pause option. Even though I set updates to OFF it still updates after some time which is totally not what I need. The thing is my hard ware is really old and I can't risk new updates like the...
  9. Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall: I have recently reinstalled windows 10 because of performance issues. Because the first version of windows doesn't have dark theme for native apps, I decided to update. All of them worked, besides 22H2, which took 3 hours to get to 85%, when it got stuck. I've used command...
  10. Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall

Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall: I have recently reinstalled windows 10 because of performance issues. Because the first version of windows doesn't have dark theme for native apps, I decided to update. All of them worked, besides 22H2, which took 3 hours to get to 85%, when it got stuck. I've used command...