Windows 10: Updating from 1803 always results in Undoing Changes boot loop

Discus and support Updating from 1803 always results in Undoing Changes boot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I attempt to update from 1803, regardless of my method I end up in a boot loop which can only be solved by installing windows on a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by guydebord, Feb 8, 2021.

1. guydebord Win User

Updating from 1803 always results in Undoing Changes boot loop

Whenever I attempt to update from 1803, regardless of my method I end up in a boot loop which can only be solved by installing windows on a separate drive. I don't know why this fixes the problem, but it does. Booting into safe mode does not fix this. This also happens with automatic updates. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

guydebord, Feb 8, 2021
  2. BeezleABC Win User

Undoing Changes Loop

My computer is stuck in the "undoing changes loop" and will not boot at all. Keeps trying to boot then goes in a loop back to trying to open. I have tried powering off and on three times to get to the Advanced Repair with no success. Any suggestions on
    on to fix this issue. Thank you

BeezleABC, Feb 8, 2021
  3. windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Updating from 1803 always results in Undoing Changes boot loop

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

My Lenovo 100s was doing windows 10 update to 1909 and is now stuck in loop saying " undoing changes made to your computer"

I've tried doing manual hard reset (power off and then on 3 times) to access safe boot, but it does not go into safe boot mode and continues in loop.

Tried holding F8 when it reboots but co tinues into the undoing changes

neilarmstrong5, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Updating from 1803 always results in Undoing Changes boot loop

1. Updating from 1803 always results in Undoing Changes boot loop - Similar Threads - Updating 1803 always

2. Windows not completing the update, always undoing the changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not completing the update, always undoing the changes.: Hi..Few months ago when my windows 10 dell inspiron 15 3573 laptop is automatically updating, it is suddenly stop that and show the message "We couldn't complete the update. undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer." And this problem still happening to me four-five times...
  3. Windows not completing the update, always undoing the changes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not completing the update, always undoing the changes.: Hi..Few months ago when my windows 10 dell inspiron 15 3573 laptop is automatically updating, it is suddenly stop that and show the message "We couldn't complete the update. undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer." And this problem still happening to me four-five times...
  4. Windows not completing the update, always undoing the changes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop: I had windows update itself and now it does not startup, giving "Undoing changes made to your computer", restarting and then going again and again in an infinite loop. I am unable to force "Automatic repair" screen by force shutting down multiple times, or pressing any of the...
  6. Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop: So, I was having dinner, windows decided it needed to update, sure go ahead I’ll just finish my delicious meal. After the meal i became excited and really wanted to play Dota 2. So my dumb ass turned off the pc, expecting it to just reboot and I would be able to play my game....
  7. Windows will not update, always says undoing changes.

Windows will not update, always says undoing changes.: For the past year my laptop keeps getting this error where windows refuses to update and the updates keep failing. I get the message Windows couldn't complete update, Undoing changes. My windows is on an SSD and the rest of my stuff is on my hard drive. This issue started...
  8. Undoing Changes Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing Changes Loop: My computer is stuck in the "undoing changes loop" and will not boot at all. Keeps trying to boot then goes in a loop back to trying to open. I have tried powering off and on three times to get to the Advanced Repair with no success. Any suggestions on on to fix this issue....
  9. RCA Cambio Boot Loop "Undoing Upgrade Changes"

RCA Cambio Boot Loop "Undoing Upgrade Changes": I have a RCA 10.1 Cambio that received an upgrade, but after that the upgrades were installed the screen showed. "Undoing Upgrade Changes..." It has been boot looping since yesterday, and today I tried Win RE, but it's not letting me going back to an old version, repair...
  10. Update 1803 to 1809 always fails, undoing the changes after first reboot

Update 1803 to 1809 always fails, undoing the changes after first reboot: The last time a feature update succeeded on my Dell tower was in July of 2018. Other machines in the household have updated to 1809 with no such roll-backs. Something about the Dell machine is causing the "undoing changes" behavior. The update program apparently knows what...