Windows 10: Updating from Windows 7 on my old PC to windows 10 on a new PC?

Discus and support Updating from Windows 7 on my old PC to windows 10 on a new PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am building my own PC and want to know if its possible to update from Windows 7 on my old PC to windows 10 on my new one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul71J, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Paul71J Win User

Updating from Windows 7 on my old PC to windows 10 on a new PC?

I am building my own PC and want to know if its possible to update from Windows 7 on my old PC to windows 10 on my new one?

:)

Paul71J, Nov 27, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 27, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Updating from Windows 7 on my old PC to windows 10 on a new PC? - Similar Threads - Updating old

2. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  3. Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can...: Can we uninstall the updates which are old date in update history and i think we can uninstall old updates maybe it uses some space in the system? please suggest me on this matter I would appreciate your input....
  4. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  5. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one: I am having issue with the driver installation of Intel core.I have Intel- i7-4720HQ but when I update the driver form windows update it install the driver for 4600 gen which causes performance and screen freeze.I need to install the latest driver for the exact same gen core...
  6. Windows updates keeps installed old driver even after I manual Install new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?: I logged into Microsoft and the display and navigation panes on Outlook, Excel and Word are all bigger... like the system thinks I'm visually impaired. I reviewed all the ease of access and accessibility toggles and nothing is turned on. I toggled to the "new Outlook" and...
  8. Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?

Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?: I logged into Microsoft and the display and navigation panes on Outlook, Excel and Word are all bigger... like the system thinks I'm visually impaired. I reviewed all the ease of access and accessibility toggles and nothing is turned on. I toggled to the "new Outlook" and...
  9. Did Microsoft push out an update thinking we are all 80+ years old?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Old Windows update files!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows update files!: Hi again, do the old Windows updatesTO BE REMOVED only show when there are some to remove? After a update I always go into settings and check this list. Every now and then there is maybe 2 GB of old updates to remove. I then scan to remove which seems to take ages. When I...