Windows 10: Updating from Windows Vista

Discus and support Updating from Windows Vista in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I've got an old Acer Aspire 4520 that I've resurrected to give to a friend who needs a laptop. What I didn't account for was that it's still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/strongwoman214, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Updating from Windows Vista

Hello! I've got an old Acer Aspire 4520 that I've resurrected to give to a friend who needs a laptop. What I didn't account for was that it's still running Windows Vista. I'd like to update to Windows 10, but I'm not sure where to start. I don't know if the computer can even handle Windows 10, how I would make sure I have all the drivers, if I could update without having to purchase the license key?

Anyone have experience with updating from a similar situation? I need all the help I can get.

submitted by /u/strongwoman214
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/strongwoman214, Jun 9, 2020

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Jun 16, 2020
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Jun 16, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Updating from Windows Vista

Microsoft Releases New Update for Windows Vista

Microsoft yesterday released a new hotfix, KB941649, which improves the compatibility, reliability, and stability of Windows Vista. This update includes the following improvements:
    • It extends the battery life for mobile devices.
    • It improves the stability of portable computers and of desktop computers that use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS).
    • It improves the reliability of Windows Vista when you open the menu of a startup application.
    • It improves the stability of Internet Explorer when you open a Web page.
    • It improves the stability of wireless network services.
    • It shortens the startup time of Windows Vista by using a better timing structure.
    • It shortens the recovery time after Windows Vista experiences a period of inactivity.
    • It shortens the recovery time when you try to exit the Photos screen saver.
    • It improves the stability of Windows PowerShell.
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Updating from Windows Vista

1. Updating from Windows Vista - Similar Threads - Updating Vista

2. Virus on non-updated Windows Vista PC that eats files off USBs?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus on non-updated Windows Vista PC that eats files off USBs?!: My man is having a very odd business with his PC. He's been trying to update it from Windows Vista tee hee to Windows 10. This won't work for some reason, although he does have a legitimate copy of Windows 10 that we bought from Staples. I want him to update but he felt he...
  3. Virus on non-updated Windows Vista PC that eats files off USBs?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus on non-updated Windows Vista PC that eats files off USBs?!: My man is having a very odd business with his PC. He's been trying to update it from Windows Vista tee hee to Windows 10. This won't work for some reason, although he does have a legitimate copy of Windows 10 that we bought from Staples. I want him to update but he felt he...
  4. I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...: I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it totally useless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-travelmate-6292-computer-with-a-windows/9c077a83-b90e-4099-aa29-e346052e9cbe
  5. I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...

I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it...: I have a TravelMate 6292 computer with a windows Vista. Can I update or upgrade it or is it totally useless? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-travelmate-6292-computer-with-a-windows/9c077a83-b90e-4099-aa29-e346052e9cbe
  6. Update from Vista to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update from Vista to Win 11: hi,how can I upgrade an old laptop with Windows Vista to Windows 11?any step-by-step instructions on how to do it a video would be better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-from-vista-to-win-11/18a02f55-1102-413b-b47b-512e256c26f9
  7. Update from Vista to Win 11

Update from Vista to Win 11: hi,how can I upgrade an old laptop with Windows Vista to Windows 11?any step-by-step instructions on how to do it a video would be better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-from-vista-to-win-11/18a02f55-1102-413b-b47b-512e256c26f9
  8. I just updated my Windows Vista HP TouchSmart IQ500 Desk top

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just updated my Windows Vista HP TouchSmart IQ500 Desk top: [ATTACH] I had just updated my Windows Vista to Windows 10 and im trying to connect it to the WiFi and its saying that theres no connection and that the IP configuration Is invalid I updated it Via Disc submitted by /u/JusturaverageEboy [link] [comments]...
  9. 2019-09 security update for windows vista with SP1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2019-09 security update for windows vista with SP1: I am trying to install the windows 2019-19 security update for windows vista SP1 x86. When I try to install from the microsoft update catalogue and select my version, it says the update does not apply to the system. I've also tried using the windows update feature, but I get...
  10. 2019-09 security update for windows vista with SP1

2019-09 security update for windows vista with SP1: I am trying to install the windows 2019-19 security update for windows vista SP1 x86. When I try to install from the microsoft update catalogue and select my version, it says the update does not apply to the system. I've also tried using the windows update feature, but I get...