Windows 10: Updating iTunes

Discus and support Updating iTunes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My iTunes is stuck in the update mode. How can I get it to complete the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HeleneFisk, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Updating iTunes

My iTunes is stuck in the update mode. How can I get it to complete the update.

:)

HeleneFisk, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Feb 14, 2020
  3. RickC Win User
    iTunes won't connect to my iTunes Media directory

1. Uninstall iTunes completely. (I suggest using Geek Uninstaller. In my experience this does a good job of clearing remnants.)
    2. Download and install latest iTunes from Apple, not Windows Store (Never use the Windows Store for iTunes.)
    3. Check whether the Apple version allows you to point to your old media store.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Updating iTunes

Itunes Update

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• What happens when you try to update iTunes?
    I would suggest you to uninstall iTunes and re-install the latest version from the Apple Support website.

Note: Kindly save iTunes files before uninstalling it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Updating iTunes

1. Updating iTunes - Similar Threads - Updating iTunes

2. Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font,...: I had modified the registry a long time ago to prevent forced installation of Windows 10 updates, as they had brought me nothing but issues and the opposite of "updates" in apps like the calculator. It nevertheless has been restarting my computer and installing updates...
  3. Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error

Can't Update to Latest Version of iTunes - "could not remove your previous installation" error: I have a very old iphone. Tried downloading older version to reset and restore phone. Couldn't get it to work, issue turned out to be hardware related. Someone gave me their old iphone. Was able to get it backed up using older mac with current itunes. Windows computer...
  4. itunes doesn't recognize any of my Apple devices after updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    itunes doesn't recognize any of my Apple devices after updated: After updating iTunes for Window10 on 01Nov2019, it does not recognize any of my iPhone nor iPad. It means I cannot sync anything from iTunes to iPhone nor iPad. I can see the device icon and here is the message when click on it: "iTunes is waiting for Windows Update to...
  5. Updating to ios 13.1.2 using itunes

Updating to ios 13.1.2 using itunes: Trying to upgrade to ios 13.1.2 on my iPhone se using iTunes but it says driver not installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-to-ios-1312-using-itunes/960c5d30-5b7f-44d6-8da3-0ba558c3b16c
  6. No iTunes or YouTube sound on latest Windows 10 update

No iTunes or YouTube sound on latest Windows 10 update: My computer is set to automatically download Windows updates. The latest one meant I couldnt get sound on iTunes or YouTube and I had to revert to the previous version, May I think, to fix the problem. How does MS get told of this?...
  7. iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update

iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update: I just recently updated Windows 10 now iTunes won't open. I tried a system restore and even tried uninstalling iTunes but it wouldn't uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-wont-open-after-windows-10-update/02bd1282-5922-4fd6-afa1-cb9691106ffe
  8. Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor

Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor: My HP ENVY laptop with touch screen running Windows 10 Pro performed an update for the iTunes software. After the update and restart I had a black screen with no cursor. It is running because I can get keyboard responses like turn on keyboard backlight. Googled the...
  9. Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to play certain songs after updating to new version of iTunes: The other day, I updated my iTunes to the latest version: 12.9.4.102. Now, certain ACC songs will not play (using iTunes on my Windows 10 laptop). When I try to play them, the time (duration) is changed to "789:57:13" and then does not play. It looks like something in the new...
  10. Windows updated, bluetooth headphones stopped working with itunes

Windows updated, bluetooth headphones stopped working with itunes: I've already contacted apple. we tried a few things, none worked. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updated-bluetooth-headphones-stopped/5846605b-c856-4b6f-bfe6-44659f0a4c4e