Windows 10: Updating messenger

Discus and support Updating messenger in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Why does the Microsoft Store app for Messenger NOT give you the option to update? Messages are often dropped or delayed and even repeated. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pandabluebaby, May 12, 2019.

1. Updating messenger

Hello,

Why does the Microsoft Store app for Messenger NOT give you the option to update? Messages are often dropped or delayed and even repeated. I see many posts about going to the App store to "update" but there is no option there to do so.

Please advise

:)

Pandabluebaby, May 12, 2019

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, May 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 12, 2019
  4. Updating messenger

Messenger not supported anymore on Windows Phone

Hi Jane,

The Messenger app may not be updated on the Store app, or the phone's software is malfunctioning. For us to resolve this, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message or code?
    • Have you checked if there's an available update for the Messenger app on the Store app?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Messenger app?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Updating messenger

1. Updating messenger - Similar Threads - Updating messenger

2. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  3. Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger app doesnt load post updates i noticed...assistance please: Hello experts,Help please,I've tried - Troubleshoot Apps - repair and the rest no changeUninstalled restarted Installed fresh from MS Store, no go.I don't use Facebook, just messenger, my FB is disabled I just s messenger allot while i work rather than phone and SMSing and...
  4. Continuous beeping when using Messenger App in Windows 10 after latest update

Continuous beeping when using Messenger App in Windows 10 after latest update: Every time I use a Messenger video chat using the Windows 10 Messenger App, there is a constant beeping noise for the entire session. It is a series of 6 beeps with the first being loudest, then decreasing in volume to the last one, then it repeats again. It sounds like a...
  5. "Since the latest Windows 10 update, each timer I open Messenger on my PC the Notepad...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Since the latest Windows 10 update, each timer I open Messenger on my PC the Notepad...: "Since the latest Windows 10 update, each timer I open Messenger on my PC the Notepad setupact.log appears...never happened before and is most annoying. How can I get rid of it?"...
  6. Camera/microphone won't work in Messenger after windows 10 update

Camera/microphone won't work in Messenger after windows 10 update: After windows 10 update I get the "Hardware access error" camera and microphone do not work. I have HP laptop. I have done the driver uninstall/reinstall and the registry fix and set to "0" Also turned of firewall....nothing has worked. The camera does work....help!...
  7. Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019

Facebook messenger not working after windows 10 update 5/14/2019: Windows did an auto update yesterday and now Facebook Messenger no longer works. 5/14/2019 What's up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger-not-working-after-windows-10/7c8000e9-f669-4a90-a306-2342b2d6e222
  8. update messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    update messenger: when i try to watch a movie it says in order to watch this movie you must update messenger how to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-messenger/8bc300ad-0fff-47d8-9f9a-03c23cdd3f7a
  9. Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger beta for Windows 10 updated with new changes: Today, Facebook is rolling out a new update to its Messenger Beta on Windows 10 after a long gap. The last update was released in 2018 and after a long gap, Facebook is pushing out a new update for Messenger beta on Windows 10 devices. The long overdue update for the...
  10. messenger update

messenger update: is anyone gona answer me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-update/49895070-afae-4966-b74e-ad2be0be7cfa