Windows 10: Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everytime I try to update my computer to Windows 10 it keeps saying I need more space. I've deleted everything but it keeps saying it needs more space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rinn.Again, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Everytime I try to update my computer to Windows 10 it keeps saying I need more space. I've deleted everything but it keeps saying it needs more space. It's mostly the System and Reserved. I can't delete the system and reserved though. What do I do now? I've been trying since 2 years ago and it still doesn't let me delete the stuff I need to delete to free up more space. Plus to be honest I don't even know if I am even on Windows 7 or 8. Just someone please help me. Do I just get another computer or is there a way to update it?

:)

Rinn.Again, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 6, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I can't get update KB3035583 on my windows 7 SP1 laptop, also I was missing the optional language packs updates, I have tried "resetting" windows updates Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Help Forums and I have tried stopping and restarting the windows update service, did not help.
    Would anyone have a suggestion on how to get this KB3035583 update? It's genuine windows 7 SP1 home premium.

Edit: Is this windows 10 upgrade only for people who bought (a computer with) windows 7 SP 1?
    I bought this laptop with windows 7.

Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 winupdates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jun 6, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

I had the message on my built systems and the laptops.

AsRock, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Updating my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updating computer

2. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  3. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....: what's the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv. Both are connected via wifi cable through a switch....
  4. the best way to cast a movie from my computer womdpws 10 pro with all updates. to my Tv....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...: I swear I HATE this monopoly company. If it is not one thing it is another. Windows updates are always crashing and end up with major losses of documents/pictures saved. No wonder everyone is moving over to iOS. Someone help please! It's my senior year, last semester of...
  6. Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...

Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...: I swear I HATE this monopoly company. If it is not one thing it is another. Windows updates are always crashing and end up with major losses of documents/pictures saved. No wonder everyone is moving over to iOS. Someone help please! It's my senior year, last semester of...
  7. Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...: I am assisting a friend with her computer. I am currently using that computer to type this. When I check for updates it lists "2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441" as a pending update that needs to be installed. When I attempt...
  8. Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...: I am assisting a friend with her computer. I am currently using that computer to type this. When I check for updates it lists "2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441" as a pending update that needs to be installed. When I attempt...
  9. Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

10. My computer isnt updating and I tried everything

My computer isnt updating and I tried everything: Did all the steps on the microsoft website and I have restarted my computer. I have tried downloading the update over and over again and it says I cant update because another update is in progress but when I look for any updates in progress I cant find anything. My computer...