Windows 10: Updating my OS/PC issue.

Discus and support Updating my OS/PC issue. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased this PC from a local store a few years ago, now when asked to update it won't allow me to proceed. The update screen states I have issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KPearce, Dec 4, 2023.

1. KPearce Win User

Updating my OS/PC issue.

I purchased this PC from a local store a few years ago, now when asked to update it won't allow me to proceed. The update screen states I have issues that need to be resolved. I attempt to update but it won't proceed to initiate. I launch to correct issues but it says my version of windows 10 isn't compatible with this pc anymore.I purchased this computer with windows already installed, I can't update any programs or install anything.My question is how do I update my windows correctly. I wasn't provided product activation codes, I am able to access my product ID and product name etc, I feel

:)

KPearce, Dec 4, 2023
  2. malware Win User

Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 4, 2023
  4. deving Win User

Updating my OS/PC issue.

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Updating my OS/PC issue.

1. Updating my OS/PC issue. - Similar Threads - Updating issue

2. Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...: Indexing not working after windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-issue-after-windows-11-updatein-services/10435c2f-90ae-4a18-9b50-fbb64e8af91b
  3. Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing issue after windows 11 update,in services windows search was disabled in run as...: Indexing not working after windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-issue-after-windows-11-updatein-services/10435c2f-90ae-4a18-9b50-fbb64e8af91b
  4. Windows: latest security update is causing huge issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows: latest security update is causing huge issues for some users: If you have installed the June 2024 security updates for Windows and managed to boot into the desktop after the required restart, congratulations. Microsoft has just confirmed a new known issue that is affecting some customers. Here are the details: The issue affects the...
  5. Network issues when updating games in steam or battle.net/blizzard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network issues when updating games in steam or battle.net/blizzard?: I have a weird issue and I hope someone can help…The pc in question is running Windows 11 with all current updates and fully updated drivers.Whenever I update games on Steam or Battle.net the following occurs…The updates download successfully, so I do still have some sort of...
  6. Network issues when updating games in steam or battle.net/blizzard?

Network issues when updating games in steam or battle.net/blizzard?: I have a weird issue and I hope someone can help…The pc in question is running Windows 11 with all current updates and fully updated drivers.Whenever I update games on Steam or Battle.net the following occurs…The updates download successfully, so I do still have some sort of...
  7. Resolving issues with Microsoft store , windows updates and other driver issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Resolving issues with Microsoft store , windows updates and other driver issues: Good day! I recently swapped my old windows 7 computer for a new one that has windows 10 already running on it. The previous owner informed me of some tweaks he had made on the installation with a script named Win10Debloater.ps1 and also with Winaero Tweaker. Recently I've...
  8. Resolving issues with Microsoft store , windows updates and other driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolving issues with Microsoft store , windows updates and other driver issues: Good day! I recently swapped my old windows 7 computer for a new one that has windows 10 already running on it. The previous owner informed me of some tweaks he had made on the installation with a script named Win10Debloater.ps1 and also with Winaero Tweaker. Recently I've...
  9. Resolving issues with Microsoft store , windows updates and other driver issues

10. Windows July Update-KB5040434 creates VPN connection issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows July Update-KB5040434 creates VPN connection issues: After installing July patches on our Radius server it caused VPN connection issues, our users were not able to connect checkpoint VPN, after unistalling it, started working submitted by /u/Correct_Step_3583 [link] [comments]...