Windows 10: Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows

Discus and support Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I am trying to upgrade my windows on 2 of my older model dell laptops one with vista and the other with windows 7 I believe after having my new ones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mizz Murphy, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows

So I am trying to upgrade my windows on 2 of my older model dell laptops one with vista and the other with windows 7 I believe after having my new ones screen break and me not wanting to buy another one. Especially seeing as I have 2 older Dell laptops thàt are in perfect condition. Well aside from having obsolete versions of windows and needing to have the most current versions installed on them that is. So what steps do I need to take to put the newest version of windows which I have on my newer but broken laptop and install it on my 2 older ones and use them instead of buying yet another n

:)

Mizz Murphy, Mar 14, 2022
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 7 slipstreaming with updates question

i got all the updates for Windows 7 in "Windows Updates Downloader" using the newest list from mydigitallife.info's forum which is dated 13-16-2013, but can i use all does updates in the Danish version of Windows 7 Professional SP1-U 64bit?

bcs i wanna slipstream it with a few drives into it aswell here i am talking about Intel Ethernet and NEC/ReneSAS USB3.0 Drivers.

puma99dk|, Mar 14, 2022
  3. nbh1 Win User
    older dell with windows Vista

I have an older dell that runs vista and i can not get the windows to even load for the reservation, does this mean that i will not beable to use it at all?

4. DaMulta Win User

Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows

1. Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows - Similar Threads - Updating older Dell

2. Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset: I have an older TOSHIBA Satellite A205-S5843 S/N 38189546K with the unsupported Windows Vista Home Premium that I would like to reset to factory settings. I have tried all the internet suggestions without success. Is the anyway I can reset without saving files and install a...
  3. Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Toshiba laptop running Vista reset: I have an older TOSHIBA Satellite A205-S5843 S/N 38189546K with the unsupported Windows Vista Home Premium that I would like to reset to factory settings. I have tried all the internet suggestions without success. Is the anyway I can reset without saving files and install a...
  4. Updating Windows on an older Dell from W10 1709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows on an older Dell from W10 1709: My old Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 runs W10 v1709 build 16299.967 and while it still sees W10 updates it refuses to install them*. I seem to remember hearing from Dell a while back this model is not able to upgrade further than 1709. Would it accept W11? Is there anything I can...
  5. Updating Windows on an older Dell from W10 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Windows on an older Dell from W10 1709: My old Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 runs W10 v1709 build 16299.967 and while it still sees W10 updates it refuses to install them*. I seem to remember hearing from Dell a while back this model is not able to upgrade further than 1709. Would it accept W11? Is there anything I can...
  6. Updating Windows on an older Dell from W10 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating older Dell laptops from Vista and 7 to newest version of windows: So I am trying to upgrade my windows on 2 of my older model dell laptops one with vista and the other with windows 7 I believe after having my new ones screen break and me not wanting to buy another one. Especially seeing as I have 2 older Dell laptops thàt are in perfect...
  8. Cant update to newest Windows version.

Cant update to newest Windows version.: Hey! I've been running into this problem for a while now but now I need to actually resolve it so I can do something. When I try to update it will get to a point where it will restart and say "Undoing changes made to your device". I have looked in the update history after...
  9. Design Doll Newest Version Won't open, older version gives error.

Design Doll Newest Version Won't open, older version gives error.: The most recent DesignDoll update 5.4.2 will not run at all. It will install, but if I click on it to run it, it won't open. I already installed the XNA and DirectX, multiple times. I've cleared out all of the files, restarted, turned off my firewall, allowed it specifically...
  10. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....: Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to download Mbam rules for the "user account" as well . I uninstalled correctly and restarted as requested but still seeing...