Windows 10: Updating outlook credentials

Discus and support Updating outlook credentials in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have received emails from Microsoft (almost daily) say Please update for credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JerryMattson1, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Updating outlook credentials

I have received emails from Microsoft (almost daily) say Please update for credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

I followed the directions as best I could, but cannot seem to resolve the issue.

Has someone had this experience had success?

:)

JerryMattson1, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

update credentials to receive mail from Microsoft Outlook

Hi,

Changes in the Outlook configuration settings may cause this issue. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Outlook version are you using? Click this link for the steps to find out.
    • When did the issue begin?

Since you're unable to install the latest update, you can work around this issue by removing all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps.

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click
      Credential Manager. (Note: If
      View
      by is set to Category, click
      User
      Accounts first, and then click Credential
      Manager.)
    • Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove
      from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word
      Outlook
      in the name.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Outlook Windows Security Pop Up Box

Hi Kimberly,

There is a possibility that the stored credentials are not overwritten when Outlook triggers the authentication prompt even if you enable the Remember my credentials option.

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest that you remove all previously saved credentials. To remove stored credentials and force Outlook to use your Windows desktop credentials, follow these steps:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Credential Manager.

Note If View by is set to Category, click User Accounts first, and then click Credential Manager

• Locate the set of credentials that has Outlook in the name.
    • Click the name to expand the set of credentials, and then click Remove from Vault.
    • Repeat step 3 for any additional sets of credentials that have the word Outlook in the name.

Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Updating outlook credentials

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Updating outlook credentials

1. Updating outlook credentials - Similar Threads - Updating outlook credentials

2. Outlook keeps asking for smtp credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook keeps asking for smtp credentials: I have this strange problem starting about 3 days ago. Every now and then outlook 2016 keep asking me to save username and pw to smtp server. I enter the credentials but the same message comes back again. I logged into my mail account repaired the mail but it still comes up ....
  3. Windows 10, Outlook 2019 and other applications forget credentials after Windows 10 update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, Outlook 2019 and other applications forget credentials after Windows 10 update...: Windows 10, Outlook 2019 and other applications forget credentials after Windows 10 update to version 2004. Immediately after I updated my new, simple and perfectly working PC to version 2004 of Windows 10 update in August 2020, I started receiving the notification that I...
  4. Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft won't recognize my Outlook 2016 user credentials: I have been using Windows for many many years and Win10 since shortly before Win7 lost support. For much of that time I have been using Outlook 2016 and also a feature of my Firefox browser that allows me to easily send an email referencing my active Web page. A few weeks ago...
  5. <"Invalid Address"> UPDATE YOUR CREDENTIALS Outlook email and Hotmail email addresses !!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    <"Invalid Address"> UPDATE YOUR CREDENTIALS Outlook email and Hotmail email addresses !!!!!!!!: Is anyone else having issues with Outlook and Hotmail email accounts i:e <"invalid address"> I use Windows 10 fully updated to version 1909. I use the windows 10 email app and have hotmail.com email address and a 2nd outlook.com email address. Both are used for different...
  6. Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials: For many years I am using a 3rd party indexing program (X1 Search). Everything is fine, but over the last couple of days, after launching both Outlook and X1, Windows Security pops up and requires me to enter credentials for X1. It is useless to enter the credentials: 1....
  7. update credentials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update credentials: I keep getting notices about updating my credentials for my account. Is this spam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-credentials/5156266a-a956-4584-9df9-b99a2dd3a59e
  8. Update credentials

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update credentials: How do I update credentials. Domain server ipower. Use them for email name need to have credentials to use my domain name denhigh.net https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-credentials/050e300b-6861-470e-aad2-c2e193be6642"
  9. Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials: I use Outlook 2013 for four different email accounts - two hotmail. com accounts, one outlook.com account, and one sbcglobal.net POP account provided by AT&T via Yahoo. Beginning a week or so ago, I've started getting password prompts throughout the day for the...
  10. Outlook update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook update: Back on July 2nd I posted a question concerning One Drive, no one answered but I somehow managed to rid myself of it. I regret getting Windows 10 to this day, a little over a year. In May I got updates I didn't want and as a result of those updates my email was being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please update credentials microsoft outlook