Windows 10: updating printer driver problem

Discus and support updating printer driver problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older HP printer which I really like; I have updated the driver a few times previously with no problems. The last computer I got had Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DianeS3, Aug 3, 2021.

1. DianeS3 Win User

updating printer driver problem

I have an older HP printer which I really like; I have updated the driver a few times previously with no problems. The last computer I got had Win10 installed & the printer worked ok until the last year or so when it would more & more often not print a page or selection on a page that I highlighted. The problem was becoming more frequent & I decided to update the driver from the MS update page to see if that would help. I found my printer listed on the MS update page, selected the appropriate OS & following the instructions carefully, to avoid problems, I downloaded the update

:)

DianeS3, Aug 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Problems with printer

Hi Dashmogan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

Please follow the below methods and check:

Method 1: Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices as well as Printer troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install Printer drivers.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the Printer drivers and then install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the Printer drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Search for Printer and expand it.
    • Right click on the Printer driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: Go to the manufacturer’s website to download the Printer drivers for your computer and then install them.

Method 3:

We suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode. Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode.

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Also refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Aug 3, 2021
  4. updating printer driver problem

Printer Problem

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below suggestion provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below information provided.

Method 2.

In certain cases installing updated driver won’t work, so I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website in compatibility mode. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the
      drive
      r.
    Step 2.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

updating printer driver problem

1. updating printer driver problem - Similar Threads - updating printer driver

2. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.: Facing problem with this driver in Windows Update Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0. from Last one and half month.I am requesting Microsoft to solve this issue in windows update because of this problem I can't use my canon print properly Canon ImageCLASS...
  3. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.: Facing problem with this driver in Windows Update Canon - Printer - 2/22/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.1.0. from Last one and half month.I am requesting Microsoft to solve this issue in windows update because of this problem I can't use my canon print properly Canon ImageCLASS...
  4. Canon Printer Driver problem in Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer driver problems: Windows updated the printer driver on my laptop on 8th June 2022. Since then all printing jobs on my HP printer have come out blurred with some lines in italics. All diagnostic tests have been tried out on the printer with no result. HP have told me that it is a problem with...
  6. Printer driver problems

Printer driver problems: Windows updated the printer driver on my laptop on 8th June 2022. Since then all printing jobs on my HP printer have come out blurred with some lines in italics. All diagnostic tests have been tried out on the printer with no result. HP have told me that it is a problem with...
  7. Printer driver problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.

Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.: Hi I have a Canon G3510 wireless printer and used it to print from a Lenovo desktop. But to get it to print I first had to print something off the internet before it would print a word document each day. It did work up to a couple of weeks ago when then was a couple of...
  9. Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer driver problems and problems with printer Set up.: Hi I have a Canon G3510 wireless printer and used it to print from a Lenovo desktop. But to get it to print I first had to print something off the internet before it would print a word document each day. It did work up to a couple of weeks ago when then was a couple of...
  10. Printer driver installing problem

Printer driver installing problem: I'm trying to install Sharp AR-206 network printer. Driver will be found from Windows Update, but Windows won't install it . I just get notice "Printer driver not installed". [ATTACH] With my other computers (also Win10Pro) I don't have this problem. Is there any way to...