Windows 10: updating programs

Discus and support updating programs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have not been able to update or install programs. I get the message: Set up error creating registry key, HKey_Local_Machine\Software\windows\Current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JerryHipfner, Nov 16, 2018.

1. updating programs

I have not been able to update or install programs. I get the message: Set up error creating registry key, HKey_Local_Machine\Software\windows\Current Version\Uninstall\Smart Defrag-is1: RegCreate Key Ex failed: code 5; access is denied

:)

JerryHipfner, Nov 16, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond updating programs :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 16, 2018
  4. updating programs

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

updating programs

1. updating programs - Similar Threads - updating programs

2. Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program/native option to automatically update/copy specific folders to OneDrive?: Hi. I have a 1Tb+1Tb Raid 0 Array (D Drive) that I use to store my Photos and Videos, Music Library, Games, Movies, TV Shows and E-Books among other stuff. I currently back up the above folders (except my games and the other stuff that I mentioned) to OneDrive manually i.e...
  3. programs crashing after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs crashing after latest windows update: I have an HP G6 Notebook with Windows 10. I have the most current windows 10. Ever since the new update, I will be doing something and some or all of the programs say not responding, or they all just turn off and disappear. When I run troubleshooting, I go to windows store...
  4. Cant update or install programs from the ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant update or install programs from the ms store: I only discovered it after ms photos didnt want to start up and decided to just reset the app and update it to the latest version, turns out i cant update or install any programs. even after rebooting my pc. All the apps unable to install gives me error code 0x80070005 Also...
  5. Why does every Windows update reset my default programs? It's infuriating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does every Windows update reset my default programs? It's infuriating.: I want to keep PhotoShop as my default photo viewer!! Why does Win10 keep changing it? Now it won't even let me set it up! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-every-windows-update-reset-my-default/2b8d42b4-c19b-4c24-b0b4-311bc4b334eb
  6. Windows 10 update won't allow my cabinet program to work now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update won't allow my cabinet program to work now: So I updated my Windows 10 and now my Solid Essential 9 cabinet program won't work and they tell me something about SQL. Can this be changed or I am being forced to spend more money because of a window update? Program: Microsoft JET Database Engine s_initrecordset Error...
  7. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mysterious-update-file-in-startup-programs/a1c13bd9-d05f-4c23-abb4-efb927d3d130 I actually discovered this entry shows up when you delete an app that was...
  8. my laptop updated today with Windows 10 and now my Office 365 programs Outlook, Word, Excel...

my laptop updated today with Windows 10 and now my Office 365 programs Outlook, Word, Excel...: my laptop updated today with Windows 10 and now my Office 365 programs Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint wont open??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-updated-today-with-windows-10-and-now-my/be8765b9-e3a1-4797-a26b-52711eb120ad
  9. Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?

Do I need to reinstall all programs after Windows Update?: I just updated my Windows and when it was finally finished the system tried to log in to my account using the usual face recognition but said it couldn't and that the solution was to "log out" and log back in. I did that again but now it seems that all my software needs to be...
  10. Do Windows updates or install programs use Windows Script Host?

Do Windows updates or install programs use Windows Script Host?: I notice that when I start Windows after an update, I often briefly see one or more command Windows. The Windows close quickly so I cannot read the command that was executed. But it makes me think that possibly scripts were run as part of the update. My fear is that disabling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can I change updating programs