Windows 10: updating provisioned apps with powershell

Discus and support updating provisioned apps with powershell in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I'm having issues with updating webp Image app with powershell. I have used powershell to remove the provisioned app but it seems to come back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bee easy06, Jan 28, 2021.

1. updating provisioned apps with powershell

Hello I'm having issues with updating webp Image app with powershell. I have used powershell to remove the provisioned app but it seems to come back whenever a windows update comes around. I would prefer to get delete it forever. Unless there is a way to force the update with powershell. I am trying to get my environment up to date and this app is killing our score at the moment. Since there are a good number of machines that need touched I am hoping to find something I can script that actually works.

Thanks in advance!

:)

bee easy06, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Mark0 Win User
    Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation

Sorry, that can't work, because you're searching for neutral after quering without -PackageTypeFilter. That is: you retrieve only Main and Framework packages and then you search the ones with an undefined architecture.
    You should rather use:
    Code:
    But I would suggest you to query the registry as I suggested in my last post. That should be even better because you're not relying on assumptions on Get-AppxPackage. With a registry query you're asking Windows which Bundle apps it has installed.
    Or, if you feel like, try both and compare the results. *Biggrin
    Cheers,
    Mark

Mark0, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

updating provisioned apps with powershell

Completely uninstall provisioned apps: how-to and detailed explanation

Great work Mark. *Smile

As a test, I searched the app list created using step 2 in option 3 with the keyword "neutral" to see which apps may require -PackageTypeFilter Bundle.

It appears the app packages with "neutral" were mostly all system apps that shouldn't be removed, so I'm not sure this will be needed for apps installed by users from the Microsoft Store.

Did you see anything different?

updating provisioned apps with powershell [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

updating provisioned apps with powershell

1. updating provisioned apps with powershell - Similar Threads - updating provisioned apps

2. various provisioning powershell tasks? Is it from MS or windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    various provisioning powershell tasks? Is it from MS or windows?: I see several tasks in autorun like\Microsoft\Windows\Management\Provisioning\9p45F\CA2528C1-2018-474D-93A2-B9568DBF2BF4 Windows PowerShell Verified Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe Sat May 7 07:20:11 2022What is this? The date is...
  3. various provisioning powershell tasks? Is it from MS or windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    various provisioning powershell tasks? Is it from MS or windows?: I see several tasks in autorun like\Microsoft\Windows\Management\Provisioning\9p45F\CA2528C1-2018-474D-93A2-B9568DBF2BF4 Windows PowerShell Verified Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe Sat May 7 07:20:11 2022What is this? The date is...
  4. provisioning failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    provisioning failure: installation of a provisioning package failed. please work with the package author to diagnose the problem error code 0*80070075 please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/provisioning-failure/c0293a0f-35a8-4314-b2d9-c64b4619be31
  5. provisioning failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    provisioning failure: installation of a provisioning package failed. please work with the package author to diagnose the problem error code 0*80070075 please help me on this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/provisioning-failure/c0293a0f-35a8-4314-b2d9-c64b4619be31
  6. provisioning failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is this the correct PowerShell script to add a provisioning package to one existing user?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is this the correct PowerShell script to add a provisioning package to one existing user?: Is this the correct PowerShell script to add a provisioning package to one existing user? The same as if I were to in-person go to:start >> settings >> accounts >> access work or school >> add or remove provisioning packages >> add packageCan anyone confirm this is the...
  8. Install .exe app with Provision package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  9. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and other Provisioned Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store and other Provisioned Apps: I recently received a used computer and I quickly realized that most of the apps that come standard with Windows 10 aren't on there. Such as Store, Camera, Photos, Alarm, Calculator, People, Maps, Skype. Possibly more but those are the ones I spot immediately. I tried...
  10. provisioning failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    provisioning failure: how do I fix provisioning failure error 0x80070057 downloading files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/provisioning-failure/ffba8151-4274-4ca8-b04d-ca6eeac490ee