Windows 10: updating / restarting

Discus and support updating / restarting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After win 10 updates the computer it should restart on its own but doesn't, I have to push the reboot to restart an install. Can someone explain?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by robert, Aug 18, 2015.

1. robert Win User

updating / restarting

After win 10 updates the computer it should restart on its own but doesn't, I have to push the reboot to restart an install.
    Can someone explain? (Minor glitch)

:)

robert, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2015
  3. KingJimbo Win User
    Updating without restarting

My friend has managed to put himself in a position where he will not turn off his computer. After a few years of smooth sailing his rig would not post bios, and after a few attempts he finally got it to boot....a few months ago. He refuses to turn it
    off out of anxiety it wont boot again, and he is not willing to restart his computer.

I want to know if it would be possible for him to reserve windows 10 without restarting his computer. He's working 2 jobs at the moment and stressed out with his room-mate. He just wants to be able to come home to games and ventrillo so I am not going to
    give him any grief about not wanting the trouble.

Thanks

KingJimbo, Aug 18, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

updating / restarting

Look a bit lower. there should be scheduled time to reboot. It's usually set for next night 2AM.

CountMike, Aug 18, 2015
  5. NCguy Win User
    I'm having exactly the same problem. Mine pc is serving some backup software and is basically unattended. Windows 10 is actually supposed to force a restart if you don't schedule or manually do it. It's definitely not force updating. I've not got two cumulative updates in the que and the message about windows auto restarting during a suggested quiet time has actually now disappeared on its own. Its almost like Microsoft has decided that its force update policy was too heavy handed and they've silently backed off?

Actually, I need to modify my above statements because I have one machine that is doing forced restarts and another that is not. The one that is restarting is a W10 pro and the other is W10 home. Makes no sense?

NCguy, Aug 18, 2015
  6. NCguy Win User
    I'm going to bump this in hopes someone can suggest something before I nuke. Seems like the solution should be a simple one in this case.

NCguy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

updating / restarting

1. updating / restarting - Similar Threads - updating restarting

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  5. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  6. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  7. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  8. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  9. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  10. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...