Windows 10: Updating Surface Hub 2S to Windows 10

Discus and support Updating Surface Hub 2S to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all - I'm a small business owner with zero I.T. skills so I apologise in advance! I'm attempting to update our Microsoft Surface Hub 2s to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aaywun, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Aaywun Win User

Updating Surface Hub 2S to Windows 10

Hi all - I'm a small business owner with zero I.T. skills so I apologise in advance!

I'm attempting to update our Microsoft Surface Hub 2s to Windows 10.

I've verified the UEFI version on the Hub and it's correct

I've downloaded the UEFI configurator and Surface hub 2 drivers and firmware

I've created a SEMM certificate

My problem is when I get most of the way through the configurator - I select the certificate, choose the recommended settings for updating the OS on the Hub and it's not at the point where I need to create a USB drive that I can boot off on my Surface Hub - however when I select the option to create a USB disk, there are no options when it says "Select a USB drive".

The instructions indicate that I should simply select my USB drive which I have plugged in and off I go...however there is just no option.

I've checked the BIOS and I have the USB option in there if that means anything. I can plug a USB drive in and the system recognises it and opens a folder...but for some reason the configurator doesn't recognise a drive so I can't complete the steps to update the Surface Hub OS.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks!!

:)

Aaywun, Sep 2, 2020
  2. {Jeremy} Win User

Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S

Hey,

is it possible to set up Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S?

Best regards.

{Jeremy}, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S

Hi Jeremy,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

It looks like No is the answer if you are talking about Face recognition(Windows hello nowadays means-PIN, fingerprint authentication as well)

However, in domain environment you can configure passwordless sign in:

Sign in to Surface Hub with Microsoft Authenticator

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-d...

Configure password-less phone sign-in for Surface Hub 2S

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/surface-hub/su...

Hope that helps.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 2, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Behind the design: Surface Hub 2S

Source: Behind the design: Surface Hub 2S - Microsoft Tech Community - 464099

Tenforo, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Updating Surface Hub 2S to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Updating Surface Hub

2. Microsoft Hub 2S Dimming during Teams Meetings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Hub 2S Dimming during Teams Meetings: Recently we loaded Windows 10 Pro to our Surface Hub 2s. During meetings on Teams after a few seconds of inactivity the screen dims and we have to touch the screen your move the curser on keyboard to relight the screen.How can we set Hub 2s up so the screen does not dim...
  3. Surface Hub Windows 10 Team 2020 Update - Hub v1 status

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Hub Windows 10 Team 2020 Update - Hub v1 status: As announced February 24, Microsoft began delivering the Windows 10 Team 2020 Update to first-generation Surface Hub 55” and 84” devices. We will continue to provide the Windows 10 Team 2020 Update to all first-generation Surface Hubs as a staged...
  4. Inside look at the new Surface Hub 2S 85-inch

in Windows 10 News
    Inside look at the new Surface Hub 2S 85-inch: If you want to see the largest Surface device ever made, check out our latest episode of Microsoft Mechanics for a tour of the most immersive in-person and virtual meeting experience available today. And I can attest. In these last few months, I’ve had the good...
  5. Surface Hub Windows 10 Team 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Hub Windows 10 Team 2020 Update: Following our blog post from December 6th , today we are providing further information on the Windows 10 Team 2020 Update. Starting today, the updated Surface Hub Recovery Tool (SHRT) with the Windows 10 Team 2020 update is available here for first-generation Surface Hubs....
  6. Surface Hub 2S expands product line with new 85” device

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Hub 2S expands product line with new 85” device: Surface Hub 2S expands product line with new 85” device available for pre-sales reservations in the U.S. starting today and two new critical software capabilities to enable people to collaborate efficiently and effectively no matter where they’re...
  7. Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S: Hey, is it possible to set up Windows Hello on Surface Hub 2S? Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-on-surface-hub-2s/4c1bb586-3d74-456a-9ed4-f671972be964
  8. How do I access the settings app on Surface Hub 2S

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I access the settings app on Surface Hub 2S: Hello there, I want to open the settings app on surface hub 2S (Azure AD joined). Regarding to the docs, it's possible for global administrators and device administrators. "When choosing to affiliate your Surface Hub 2S with Azure AD, any user in the Global Admins Security...
  9. Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Surface Hub 2S - Ep. 21

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Surface Hub 2S - Ep. 21: On this week’s episode of Microsoft Unboxed, cohosts Sonia and Colleen collaborate on collaboration. Colleen surfaces some facts about how the modern workplace is changing and the importance of teamwork and collaboration in job satisfaction for higher-performing, more...
  10. Introducing Microsoft Surface Hub 2S

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Surface Hub 2S: Today we joined Steelcase in New York to share our vision for empowering teams and unveiled new details about the Surface Hub 2S product line, introducing the new 85-inch screen size and bringing unprecedented, battery-enabled mobility to the 50-inch collaboration device....