Windows 10: Updating System BIOS

Discus and support Updating System BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am about to update my BIOS. I was wondering if I had to disable the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) before I proceed. I have Windows 10 Home, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JuanChavez3, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Updating System BIOS

I am about to update my BIOS. I was wondering if I had to disable the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) before I proceed. I have Windows 10 Home, and I guess it doesn't support Drive Encryption (Bitlocker), but I am still concered over the TPM, as its a sort of encryption. Thank you.

:)

JuanChavez3, Jan 6, 2019
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jan 6, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Updating System BIOS

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Updating System BIOS

1. Updating System BIOS - Similar Threads - Updating System BIOS

2. After bios update my system is not turning on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After bios update my system is not turning on.: After bios update my system is not turning on. It is loading more than 6 hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-bios-update-my-system-is-not-turning-on/0cac0571-0125-43b6-a989-f1b95e099839
  3. System Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Bios: How to remove the need to enter a "power-on" password. Problem- when I start my computer it ask me to enter a "power-on " password.I'm in the System BIOS highlighted the Security tab arrow down to Power-On password. How do I turn off this feature?Very frustrating...
  4. System Bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Bios: How to remove the need to enter a "power-on" password. Problem- when I start my computer it ask me to enter a "power-on " password.I'm in the System BIOS highlighted the Security tab arrow down to Power-On password. How do I turn off this feature?Very frustrating...
  5. System Bios

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. System BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System BIOS: When trying to uninstall a GIGABYTE piece of software, I selected "Remove all utilities", and I thought it removed all of that application's utilities, which it should have done. But then it uninstalled ALL GIGABYTE software including the BIOS. How do I restore it...
  7. System BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    System BIOS: When trying to uninstall a GIGABYTE piece of software, I selected "Remove all utilities", and I thought it removed all of that application's utilities, which it should have done. But then it uninstalled ALL GIGABYTE software including the BIOS. How do I restore it...
  8. HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates: HP Commercial Notebook PCs, Commercial Desktops, Mobile and Desktop Workstations - Systems BIOS Updates Will Use Windows Updates DESCRIPTION This bulletin is intended to (re)notify and remind our customer base and HP employees of HP's intent to begin releasing system firmware...
  9. bios system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bios system: upgrade bios window 10 how this uistion solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-system/3fded7d9-b6bf-4e8b-80f8-37ae2ce52422
  10. SYSTEM BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SYSTEM BIOS: Should i update my system bios, hp pc hardware diagnostics uefi, hp system event utility and hp windows hardware diagnostics ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-bios/eb8f99f4-4d6e-4c92-a68e-daaf3279bd94