Windows 10: Updating the installed windows language

Discus and support Updating the installed windows language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; By mistake, when installing my new laptop, I chose Hindi as the preferred language instead of English. How do I change it back to English? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nivedan Kedia, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Updating the installed windows language

By mistake, when installing my new laptop, I chose Hindi as the preferred language instead of English.

How do I change it back to English?

I have tried every way possible. But when I open the start button, I always find a few words in Hindi. This cannot be rectified at all. How to solve the problem?

:)

Nivedan Kedia, Apr 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 23, 2019
  3. HTC
    HTC Win User
    Using original Win 7 Key with different installation language

Good and bad news!!!

The good: i've found the language packs (unsure if the English one is the same as the one in Windows Updates, but i think so). There are many other languages for both x86 and x64 systems.

The bad: it's not in CAB file so i can't add it to the Windows 7 Installation.

@ least, it's a step in the right direction.

4. Updating the installed windows language

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Updating the installed windows language

1. Updating the installed windows language - Similar Threads - Updating installed language

2. Unable to install language pack and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install language pack and update: That's my question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-language-pack-and-update/b3e4f050-7670-47f9-9adb-3d809991a8e5
  3. Unable to install language pack and update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install language pack and update: That's my question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-language-pack-and-update/b3e4f050-7670-47f9-9adb-3d809991a8e5
  4. Unable to install language pack and update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows updates in different language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates in different language: Updates for Windows and Microsoft Office installed in different language, then the language appeared in some parts in the windows, notice that the preferred language is English....
  6. Windows updates in different language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates in different language: Updates for Windows and Microsoft Office installed in different language, then the language appeared in some parts in the windows, notice that the preferred language is English....
  7. Language Pack on Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Language Pack on Windows Update?: Hi! I haven't updated my Windows for a few months and I finally decided to proceed to do so.When it finally completed an update, I checked my Apps & Features and saw a whole bunch of different languages installed, all exactly 16.0 MB I translated one and it says it's a...
  8. Language Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Language Install: Good day. I am using Windows 10, but the display language is in Russian, this prevents me from understanding what is written, and when I try to install English language in Settings, there are errors that hinder me from downloading, installing languages and setting them as...
  9. windows language installer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows language installer: when I try to shut down I get this message Microsoft windows\languagecompotentsinstaller\installation I just activated outlook does that have anything to do with this issue do I need to install language compotents?...
  10. installation language package

in Windows 10 Customization
    installation language package: hi Microsoft i have problem in installation language package which i can't download eorr 0x80070422 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-language-package/c7989d31-0cf8-4bce-bd63-99a08564e2f9