Windows 10: Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors

Discus and support Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 3 months ago I upgraded 1803 to 1903 via the installation medium due to constant update problems and it all but destroyed the OS. There were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aki PC, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Aki PC Win User

Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors

3 months ago I upgraded 1803 to 1903 via the installation medium due to constant update problems and it all but destroyed the OS. There were permissions issues due to MS changing, deleting or not installing accounts which caused 10016 errors, so no networking whatsoever. I couldn't even restart DHCP, no permissions. I restored from a backup image.

I just upgraded using the installation assistant, lo and behold same BS. Same 10016's. No networking. More permissions errors.

Last time I attempted to fix it through component services but it was just too screwed up, it caused too many problems. Once again an "Account unknown" exists and the installation process botched whatever it was trying to do.

Is there a way to fix this screwup without a clean-install? I really don't have the time to start over again. I can't afford the downtime.

:)

Aki PC, Oct 15, 2019
  2. borate Win User

DCom Launch permission error 10016

**UPDATE**

The apparent fix.
    10016 error

Immersive Shell 10016 permission errors for my account name periodically pop up in Event Viewer, listing various store programs. In the registry, the system and my admin, personal and user accounts have full control for all CLSID and APPID entries.

In the Component Services administrative tool those accounts and Local Service have been added to the Launch and Activations section under the security tab and given local launch permission. Yet the error persists.

No, normal operation is not affected; it's simply an annoyance.

borate, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Rose W Win User
    DistributedCom 10016 permissions event error

This is Dec 13 a.m. repeat series. The events from previous days in Dec. are now not listed in the Event viewer. This event is recorded at start up , repeats itself and then is not active for the rest of the day.

Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors [​IMG]

Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors [​IMG]

Rose W, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors

1. Updating to 1903 killing networking and permissions/10016 errors - Similar Threads - Updating 1903 killing

2. Error 10016 Crashing applications incessantly for months on end. Updating permissions for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 10016 Crashing applications incessantly for months on end. Updating permissions for...: Windows 10 ver 1903. These applications have been totally unusable for the past 9 months. I've looked at dozens of support and forum posts across the internet on how to handle this issue, but the computer seems to ignore all solutions applied. My Hardware: MSI X470 Gaming...
  3. Update 1903 Killed NVMe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 Killed NVMe: I have always been against updating windows for obvious reasons. Google windows 10 killed computer and you will find many. Update 1903 was forced on my computer, which killed my main storage ($90 EX920 500GB M.2 NVMe), is there any way to hold Microsoft accountable without...
  4. Error 10016 Crashing applications incessantly for months on end. Updating permissions for...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error 10016 Crashing applications incessantly for months on end. Updating permissions for...: These applications have been totally unusable for the past 4 to 5 months. I've looked at dozens of support and forum posts across the internet on how to handle this issue, but the computer seems to ignore all solutions applied. The Problem: When playing select games, all...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 killed my network: Unfortunately, I was not aware of the problems with the 1903 update and downloaded it happily on two of my PCs and now my network is broken. They just do not talk and I have tried all the strange and wonderful solutions on the net, I can not backtrack this PC because it is a...
  6. DistributedCOM permission settings Error 10016 -should I resolve this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DistributedCOM permission settings Error 10016 -should I resolve this?: Inside W10's Event Viewer, I see an error with ID of 10016 (DistributedCOM). Its error description is - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID { (long number) } and APPID { (long...
  7. DCOM error 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DCOM error 10016: I'm told this is a rather common error after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have read many posts and suggested solutions, but I still get the error in the System Event Log when starting up. I suppose I could ignore it, as there does not appear to be any ill...
  8. DistributedCom 10016 permissions event error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DistributedCom 10016 permissions event error: This is a repeating error since the 1709 update. I edited and applied the permission change according to description posted in one of these subforums. That solved that particular application CLSID and APPID Another with a slightly different ID number appeared the next...
  9. Dcom 10016 errors since 1709 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcom 10016 errors since 1709 update: Before the update i had 0 of these errors now with 1709 i get them daily and everytime on boot up aswell (the keys change from day to day tho) So is this a critical error and does it need to be fixed? Or is it a mess by microsoft and just annoying? I didnt notice any...
  10. DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**

in Windows 10 Support
    DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**: **Update** Links to a possible fix. http://tinyurl.com/yalc7gdg https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/73988-cortana-dcom-error-event-10016-a.html This Immersive Shell error pops up in duplicate, and usually cites application container...