Windows 10: Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

Discus and support Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bdmabeats, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver from Realtek website etc... I turned off all audio enhancements settings. This happened to me last year when I updated to 1803 but I totally forgot how did I fix it.

submitted by /u/bdmabeats
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bdmabeats, Jan 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Add Fade Audio Effects In Video Clips.

Hi Gustav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are using Microsoft Photos application to fade the audio, then there is no feature in Photos application to fade the audio; however, you can fade the audio by using Microsoft PowerPoint Application. Follow the below steps to fade the audio that you
    want using Microsoft Photos application.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and search for
    Microsoft PowerPoint and hit Enter to launch
    PowerPoint
    application.

Step 2: Then, click on Insert > Audio > You can add the audio file as well as directly record an audio file.

Step 3: Click on the Audio and click on
    Playback
    tab beside to Format tab.

Step 4: Then, you will see the Fade In and
    Fade Out
    options.

Fade In: Adds a timed fade effect at the beginning of the audio clip. Within the Fade In box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade in.

Fade Out: Adds a timed fade effect at the end of the audio clip. Within the Fade Out box, directly enter the exact number of seconds you want the clip to fade out.

The option for fading the audio in Photos Application is a great idea, so I suggest you to post your feedback for the same in

Feedback Hub

Hope it helps.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

how do I clip out a section of an audio file using movie maker

Hi Charles,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I would suggest you to follow below steps to clip out,

1. Click on Start Menu, go to
      All programs and scroll up and click on Windows Movie Maker.
    2. Click on the Import media button, located along the toolbar.
    3. Browse and select the audio file.
    4. Select the play button.
    5. Click on the split icon located beneath Windows media player at the point in which you want to begin clipping the sound.
    6. Try playing the clipped track, if you intend to clip further. Select split when you reach the desired stopping point within the track.
    7. This will create a new track, titled Name of Song (2).

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

1. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues - Similar Threads - Updating 1909 causing

2. Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 causing audio clipping/popping: I've been having an issue where a lot of sounds on my computer are clipping/popping. I have tried multiple pairs of headphones, all of which had the same issue. I tried the headphones on a different computer, and they still had the same issue. Additionally, if I record my...
  3. Bluetooth audio clipping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio clipping: Hello, I've been having this weird Bluetooth audio problem ever since I have bought this new HP Pavilion desktop and I cannot figure out its cause. Sound coming from Bluetooth audio is clipped. Basically it sounds like you'd push the volume of an amp too high and the...
  4. Audio driver issue after windows update 1909

Audio driver issue after windows update 1909: Hi. I have updated my windows with the new feature update, and suddenly my speaker audio quality dropped it sounds like a phone speaker now So here is my setup: MSI b350 gaming pro carbon motherboard AMD ryzen 2700x 32GB Corsair Vengeance pro ram Nvidia GeForce GTX...
  5. Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?

Windows 10 1909 Audio Issues?: Hi, I'm looking for some help with this audio problem I'm having. My problem is that certain sounds are too low while others are too high, and there is no bass. This happens while I'm on Youtube, watching a movie or playing video games . For example, lets say I'm playing a...
  6. Windows Update causes audio and video issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causes audio and video issues: Since January Windows Update 2020-1, every time I run and install updates, I lose audio and video on my desktop. If I run system restore from a restore point just before the updates, all functions return to normal. I have ran the troubleshooter, and it finds nothing wrong....
  7. Issues with 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with 1909 update: Having issues after installing optional 1909 update yesterday. It downloaded quick but didnt install. After a few hours I restarted system and tried again but nothing. On the last restart it seemed to take but how my system was all screwed up. Issues: File explorer loads c...
  8. RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio

RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio: Something happened about 2-3 weeks ago where my audio stopped working. Here's how I fix it but it's just a temporary fix: Device Manager > Sound, Video and Game Controllers > RealTek Audio > [toolbar] Uninstall Device > [popup] Delete the driver software for this device >...
  9. Steelseries Audio Issues Since the 1909 update

Steelseries Audio Issues Since the 1909 update: I have looked at a bunch of articles with the Steelseries headsets that have multiple out sources. Example mine had a dedicated chat audio land for both input and output. Then the Headset also has a single output called Game. I have tried uninstall reinstalling drivers, going...
  10. Issues with update 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues with update 1909: I am using an Asus vivo book processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @110GHZ, Ram 4.00 GB (3.83 GB usable) 64 bit operating system, X64-based processor. Storage..this PC (C:) 58.2 GB, 48.9 GB used 9.29 GB free. Version 1909 Download took 6 hours then got a popup saying...