Windows 10: updating to a newer version of windows

Discus and support updating to a newer version of windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. I am having a real issue with my Asus Notebook that is driving me nuts. I keep getting a message that advises my current version of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by moneymaker5, Mar 16, 2021.

1. updating to a newer version of windows

Hi all. I am having a real issue with my Asus Notebook that is driving me nuts.

I keep getting a message that advises my current version of windows will soon be too old and will have support withdrawn so I was trying to update my notebook to a newer windows version.

No matter what I do I just can't make it do what I want. I've tried to create a flash drive to install, it keeps saying it needs more space, I have stripped out all I can from my C drive and it still keeps filling up with temp files etc, I've cleared out this multiple times and it is still not enough. I've tried to download direct from the windows 10 site and it gets to the install stage and then seems to fail during install. I left it working all last night and I had an error message come up this morning telling me the install had failed. I just don't know what to do but need to update. I can't leave this machine to become obsolete as it's such a waste. I am not prepared to just try and ignore the error that keeps appearing at the bottom of the screen so I need a solution.

Please can someone, anyone, help.

It's driving me nuts and I NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET THIS UPDATE DONE.

Thanks.

:)

moneymaker5, Mar 16, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User

Trackmania Nations Forever white screen on windows 8.1

Select Yes.

I'm not sure where the newer version came from as Asus doesn't list that version for your laptop....maybe Windows update did it and often windows update is wrong.

DRDNA, Mar 16, 2021
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Mar 16, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

updating to a newer version of windows

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond updating to a newer version of windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

updating to a newer version of windows

1. updating to a newer version of windows - Similar Threads - updating newer version

2. Windows 10 PC can't update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 PC can't update to a newer version: Hi, my pc won't update further. Sometimes i get tiny updates, but i can never update to a newer version of windows. I have tried everything, but it just says im up to date. Im currently on version 10.0.018362 build 18362 and i have been for a long time. Anyone who knows whats...
  3. Cant update to newer version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update to newer version of Windows 11: I'm stuck on build 22621.463 and I cant update to 10.0.22622.601 ni_release nor I could to previous releases. I reset Windows Update components, but it didn't help and run sfc scannow + DISM. Installing goes to 45% and then I get Error – 0x80070002 and some others, which I...
  4. Cant update to newer version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant update to newer version of Windows 11: I'm stuck on build 22621.463 and I cant update to 10.0.22622.601 ni_release nor I could to previous releases. I reset Windows Update components, but it didn't help and run sfc scannow + DISM. Installing goes to 45% and then I get Error – 0x80070002 and some others, which I...
  5. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  6. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not update to a newer version: I am trying to update Windows to the most latest version from what I have now. I keep getting the error code "error 0x800700c1" when the update is installing. I have even tried to reset windows but it fails every time telling me "There was a problem resetting your PC. No...
  7. Windows 10 will not update to a newer version

8. want to update windows 10 home to a newer version

want to update windows 10 home to a newer version: Trying to do a windows10 update, I have windows 10 home version 1803. Always get the message saying windows can't configure components. I have tried a few things but nothing is working. Also I have a sound problem, its crackling like mad....
  9. updating of newer version of windows 10

updating of newer version of windows 10: will updating the new version of windown 10 from previous version of windows 10 delete date and files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-of-newer-version-of-windows-10/43e6901a-8a60-49fa-bf8e-8783afe69537
  10. Minecraft windows 10 not updating to newer versions

Minecraft windows 10 not updating to newer versions: I have researched this topic and found no answers, my Minecraft is in version 1.12.28 as of right now and yet version 1.14 is out and I have tried to update it but it said there was no updates, I restarted computer, no updates, I have checked all my setting nothing wrong and...