Windows 10: Updating to Genuine Windows 10 Personal Use from Non-Genuine Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Updating to Genuine Windows 10 Personal Use from Non-Genuine Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purhcased a computer of someone and discovered that windows is not genuine. I am attemping to upgrade to the genuine version so I have full access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ali-For, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Ali-For Win User

Updating to Genuine Windows 10 Personal Use from Non-Genuine Windows 10 Pro

I purhcased a computer of someone and discovered that windows is not genuine.

I am attemping to upgrade to the genuine version so I have full access to my PC and can rename it etc. as it is still under the last person's name, however it is not as simple as purchasing a product key as it is the 'pro' version on this PC while I just want the individual version.

In the settings the following error comes up; Error Code 0xC004F074

"We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organsiation's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organisation's support person. Error Code:0xC004F074"

I know that there is no organisation server from the previous owner so I can not take it back to them to fix.

Do I need to completely reinstall windows? If so, where are the links & what is the process?

TLDR; I want to downgrade to the personal use windows 10 genuine from windows pro 10 non-genuine.

:)

Ali-For, Jun 13, 2020

2. windows not genuine

This. Windows media player 10 "update" also sneaks it in.

BlackOmega, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Genuine...

That's what I was thinking too? If I bought a Win7 and I activate my key how would it become a non-genuine key in a couple months?*Wtf :wtf:

...and I thought pirated OS's could receive updates, so how will they get this new update to check if it's genuine*Confused Updating to Genuine Windows 10 Personal Use from Non-Genuine Windows 10 Pro :confused: I know my copy is legit, but what if for some strange chance MS screwes up and falsely accuses me as non-genuine? I don't know if that's possible or not.

t77snapshot, Jun 13, 2020
  4. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Updating to Genuine Windows 10 Personal Use from Non-Genuine Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Updating Genuine Personal

2. Windows 10 Pro Genuine or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Genuine or not: Please tell me is that in picture result is genuine licence key or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-genuine-or-not/94d2379d-d92b-4b79-9a9d-ac4e90822667
  3. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  4. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  5. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  7. Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows: so I have non-genuine windows if I upgrade to genuine windows will I keep all my old files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-non-genuine-windows-to-genuine/c39c0ba5-d93b-44cc-898e-63e683dcb99c
  8. Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Non-Genuine Fix: Swapping a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 Pro to a genuine copy of Windows 10 home. I purchased this PC second hand without knowing it was non-genuine. I am trying to remedy this. Windows is saying it cannot activate on this device because it can't connect to my...
  9. Buy genuine Window 10 pro but activate for genuine window 10 pro

Buy genuine Window 10 pro but activate for genuine window 10 pro: ****Warning my gramma bad**** I've buy window 10 pro and Microsoft office for 160$ from computer store but today it appear activate window at bottom right on my screen I'm so confuse now I've got scammed?? or my window have bug?? or something [IMG]...
  10. Not genuine Windows 10 Pro

Not genuine Windows 10 Pro: I tried activating my windows but instead, I got this message: [ATTACH] How do I make my windows genuine? And will the process harm my files? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-genuine-windows-10-pro/b70d6ea8-e922-4ac2-a0d7-4648fe4474eb