Windows 10: Updating to the latest November 1909 update

Discus and support Updating to the latest November 1909 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here recently, my laptop just got fixed due to a major screen issue from the inside itself. I've been needing the November 1909 update for quite a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyleBratcher, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Updating to the latest November 1909 update

Here recently, my laptop just got fixed due to a major screen issue from the inside itself. I've been needing the November 1909 update for quite a while now and can't seem to install it. I would use the HP Update Assistant to get the update. 8 gigabytes needed to download the update, had enough for that and did that. Then I needed an external hard drive with more than 10 gigabytes free which I used my 32 gigabyte flash drive/USB Drive. I would then restart my computer for it to update. It would get to 18% on updating, restart, then say "undoing changes made to your pc". Why is this happening and what's causing it?

:)

KyleBratcher, Jan 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 31, 2020
  3. How to get november update

Hi Suman,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or code while try to check for updates?
    From the description provided, I understand that the Windows 10 is unable to download the latest updates for November.

Kindly follow the below suggested methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue with the failed updates and then try again to check.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.
    Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Updating to the latest November 1909 update

When will the November update be offered on the device?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are referring to install the November update on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that Microsoft has released the Windows Updates all over the world in phases, it may take some time for you offer the latest update provided that you have not enabled defer updates option.

Let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the exact issue you are facing in finding and installing the November update on your device?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you installed any other latest update on your device other than November update?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

I suggest you to refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 November update: FAQ

I recommend you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if you are able to install the updates.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the
      Windows Update Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Updating to the latest November 1909 update

1. Updating to the latest November 1909 update - Similar Threads - Updating latest November

2. Latest Windows Updates, November, May and June

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Updates, November, May and June: all of windows updates since november have done damage to my computer, Mays wiped out my graphics, mouse leaves a trail, screen is shifter to the left, Junes update removed everything from desktop but recycling bin and removed everything from task bar and will not let you put...
  3. Not able to update from 1909 to latest

Not able to update from 1909 to latest: Dear sirI am not able to update from 1909 to latest version.1. I have tried to update from media creation tool to install latest version but got error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 Screenshot attached.2. Tried all the troubleshooters but no luck.Kind helpThanks and regards...
  4. Latest November windows update

Latest November windows update: Tried installing this update on Surface Pro 5th Gen. Now I have the dreaded black screen. The windows logo appears, system looks for my profile pic or asks for passcode. Then it goes dark. Tried force restarting via the power button, same results. Tried power button while...
  5. The latest update for Windows 10 1909

The latest update for Windows 10 1909: I updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and after the update after 2 years ran the update last night now I'm having this problem.. When I go to Activate Windows I'm getting an Error Code: 0X803F7001 That they can't reactivate my device because they can't find my...
  6. Windows 10 latest update 1909

Windows 10 latest update 1909: Since I updated, I can't open File Explorer or Task Manager. I can click and see that there open small view off taskbar, yet I can't get it to actually open up so I can use it. I've done a restore back to version 10 1809 and everything works fine. The computer even runs...
  7. Latest 1909 updates .

Latest 1909 updates .: Has anyone else had numerous apps suspended by the latest 1909 windows 10 update , including the update on March 1 2020. Microsoft store , mail, edge, cortana, WinRT OOP server ,windows shell experience host , Money and other apps are inaccessible and when attempts are made...
  8. Unable to update to Windows 10 November 2019 version 1909 update

Unable to update to Windows 10 November 2019 version 1909 update: Ever since I've installed the Windows May 2019 update I've been unable to download and install updates for every month, I've tried resetting Windows update and running the troubleshooter but that didn't help, I've now decided to download the November 2019 1909 update and...
  9. Windows 10 November update 1909 random Restarts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 November update 1909 random Restarts: Hello everybody, so i installed the november update when it went live and today suddenly my PC just restarted twice in the last few hours. It just suddenly restarts with no warnings like BSOD or lagging or hanging (while just watching YouTube videos). I think there is no...
  10. installation of windows 10 november update 1909

installation of windows 10 november update 1909: I currently have windows 10 1809. Today i saw an option to update to Windows 10 1909 . I want to know if there will be any sort of problem if I directly update my system to Windows 10 1909? I also want to know that do problems in Windows 10 1903 still exist like high CPU...