Windows 10: Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, I built a PC recently and used Microsoft's USB installation media from my old PC to use with my new one. For some reason, my Windows 10 won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ashamedtomakethis, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro

Hey all,

I built a PC recently and used Microsoft's USB installation media from my old PC to use with my new one. For some reason, my Windows 10 won't activate. I have the keys from the last PC and it simply won't work and I want to get rid of the watermark and be able to use a of Windows' features. I'm looking into upgrading to Windows 10 Education since I can get it for free.

If and when I get it, will I be given a product key I can type in, and will I be able to keep all of my files on my computer, or will it wipe everything?

submitted by /u/ashamedtomakethis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ashamedtomakethis, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

I've added Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) 'client combined single language' ESDs and decryptor to the op.

Client Combined Single Language includes:
    Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Home Single Language, Windows 10 Education

Drone, Nov 27, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Nov 27, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro

1. Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Updating Education Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Education: How can I make Windows 10 Pro Education to Window 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-education/35e944e6-09f3-45d9-b583-faa9bda04212
  3. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Education: Hi, I've been offered a HP 250 G7 laptop by a seller on one of the internet forums. This is a fairly low spec machine (TN screen, 4 GB ram, 128 Gb hdd and no cd/dvd drive) but is new and the price is attractive however one of the pictures he has posted shows it running...
  4. upgrading from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro: I was upgradin my windows 7 64-bit to windows 10 64-bit. But when i downloaded the media creation file it downloaded windows 10 education instead of windows 10 pro. Can you give me a file that is MediaCreationTool for windows 10 pro? U can contact me at: +381655263945 or...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Education Update

Windows 10 Pro Education Update: Good Morning I have a HP 255 G7 with the Windows 10 Pro Education Version 1909. I want to update it to the version 2004 and after the October version but the problem is it doesn't show on windows update. It is because is Pro Education version? Please let me know......
  6. changing from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro

changing from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro: i recently installed windows 10 education on my laptop and would like to change to windows 10 pro. is it possible to change without necessarily formatting my computer and installing again?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Education: Can someone point me to where I can find official documentation on the limitations of Windows 10 Pro Education (Not the same as Windows 10 Education)? For example, can it run 3rd party network services? I found MS documentation that states that it builds on Windows 10 Pro but...
  8. From windows 10 education to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    From windows 10 education to pro: How can i upgrade my windows 10 education edition to pro edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-windows-10-education-to-pro/d680e817-c780-4ef1-a257-fc1b2e0eeedb
  9. Windows 10 education to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 education to pro: I accidentally switched my personal computer (Surface Book) to Windows 10 Education through my university. I wanted to just download Office. Is there any way I can switch it back to Windows 10 Pro?...
  10. Windows 10 Education Pro

Windows 10 Education Pro: Hi sorry if this is the wrong forum, I read an article that states windows 10 pro users in education can upgrade to win10 pro education - Great I thought I registered on the business store applied for the free upgrade - the instructions for the upgrade would require me to...