Windows 10: Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix?

Discus and support Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; PC Specs:Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.40GHzRAM: 16.0 GBMotherboard: ASUSTeK P8Z77-VGraphics: AMD Radeon R9 390 Issue:I finally updated from Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/diskprept, May 29, 2020.

1. Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix?

PC Specs:Processor: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.40GHzRAM: 16.0 GBMotherboard: ASUSTeK P8Z77-VGraphics: AMD Radeon R9 390

Issue:I finally updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My mouse now lags so much, the PC is unusable for work or gaming (or really anything). I know it is not the mouse itself because it works fine on 2 other computers. I tried unplugging/replugging, updating drivers for everything, etc. No dice. Searched online for help and discovered that video/audio also "lags" (i.e. plays normally for a few seconds and then crackles/pauses, repeat). I ditched my second monitor as it is a TV plugged in via HDMI and I read that could cause the issue, but it persists. I've tried a system file check/repair, multiple reboots, system recovery, all to no avail. Also, the CPU is not struggling - it is showing ~8-13% utilization in the performance tab on task manager.

TL;DR: Updated from win7 to win10 and now my mouse/audio/video lags even though CPU is running normally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/diskprept
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/diskprept, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, May 29, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix?

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix?

1. Updating to Windows 10 made my PC unusable; any fix? - Similar Threads - Updating made unusable

2. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  3. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  4. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  5. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  6. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update made computer unusable

Windows update made computer unusable: Windows did an update last night and now I can't use the computer. It will start with the splash screen of the computer name then say it is "diagnosing your PC" then goes to a blue screen that says "Automatic repair" saying it did not start correctly and gives the option to...
  8. Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.: Last night I installed the 2004 update for Windows 10, then shut down and went to bed. This morning I fired up my PC and started Firefox, only to find that it had slowed down to the point that it was unuseable. Most of my bookmarked sites (YouTube, Outlook, Reddit etc.,)...
  9. Windows update made unauthorised changes to my PC, now its unusable

Windows update made unauthorised changes to my PC, now its unusable: Today windows update decided to update my windows 10 PC, and in the process overwrote the GRUB boot loader used for booting into Linux. The system boots directly to windows and no longer gives me the option of booting my primary OS. Can you tell me: 1 Why does Microsoft...
  10. Windows update made PC unuseable

Windows update made PC unuseable: I have a HP Pavilion 500-319na PC which was 'born' September 2014, so not 5 years old yet. Its spec is not bad, i5-4460 cpu and nvidia graphics, it shipped with Windows 10 64-bit home version. I had problems with previous windows updates, but the most recent one has killed...