Windows 10: Updating turbotax forms from a download packet

Discus and support Updating turbotax forms from a download packet in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Files extract ok, but when the update program tries to update, it says "Turbotax not installed" Yet it is. Why can't it find the program? RB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobBreed, Feb 23, 2020.

1. BobBreed Win User

Updating turbotax forms from a download packet

Files extract ok, but when the update program tries to update, it says "Turbotax not installed" Yet it is.

Why can't it find the program?

RB

:)

BobBreed, Feb 23, 2020

2. TurboTax 2015 Error 42016 Updater Error

TurboTax 2014 and TurboTax 2015 were working properly on my machine under Win7. Upon update to Win 10, they are no longer able to download updates (e.g. revised tax forms) or even state forms. Yes to the obvious question - my internet connection is fine.
    I uninstalled / reinstalled TurboTax 2015 from CD multiple times to no avail. To ensure Intuit was not locking me out due to the new Win 10 OS, I contacted Intuit and had them push a download of TurboTax 2015 from the internet. Upon load of the pushed version,
    the problem persists. It appears there may be an incompatibility with Win 10 and TurboTax. Since both versions of TurboTax exhibit similar issues, it seems more like some OS download or configuration issue. I checked Windows Updates and they are "current." Does
    anybody have a recommendation?

RobertSchubertSX, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    TurboTax 2016 Will Not Update in Windows 10

I loaded TurboTax on a system which does not have Quicken installed and it seem to install and update fine, so far. If the problem lies either with the section of TurboTax dealing with State returns or the download for your State Return itself, I cannot
    duplicate. I do have McAfee on this Dell system.

I will be checking my logs and I do show one file in the directory your error mentions, a Global.sdf file. I will check if there is a TurboTax community, the Quicken community can be helpful in regard to Quicken.

For now, about the only thing I might suggest is to try running TurboTax as Admin, just in case there is some type of permissions situation.

If that doesn't work my next suggestion would be to uninstall all of TurboTax, which might mean going through manually and removing all folder and files related to its configuration. Possibly even registry entries.

Did you use TurboTax on that machine from prior years?

Saltgrass, Feb 23, 2020
  4. x509 Win User

Weird pricing for TurboTAX 2018

So I need to buy TurboTAX Premier. Amazon lists the download for $70, but the CD with free shipping for only $55. Same on NewEgg. So I bought the CD from NewEgg. Duh.*Party Delivered in only four days.

Anyone care to speculate on this pricing, which seems upside down to me.

Thema:

1. Updating turbotax forms from a download packet - Similar Threads - Updating turbotax forms

2. Need to download a turbotax software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to download a turbotax software: I am having an issuw with downloading a windows turbotax software. Stating need to get permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-a-turbotax-software/d26c7ddd-07f8-43ca-8df7-8fb3bf9bacd8
  3. Need to download a turbotax software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to download a turbotax software: I am having an issuw with downloading a windows turbotax software. Stating need to get permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-a-turbotax-software/d26c7ddd-07f8-43ca-8df7-8fb3bf9bacd8
  4. 2022 turbotax products download but will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2022 turbotax products download but will not install: Windows 10 has been updated, defraged, cleaned up, and the product shows the installer, asks for the location of the software, it then just stops running....
  5. 2022 turbotax products download but will not install

2022 turbotax products download but will not install: Windows 10 has been updated, defraged, cleaned up, and the product shows the installer, asks for the location of the software, it then just stops running....
  6. Turbotax Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turbotax Download: I have Windows 11 Home running in S mode on a brand new computer. I've purchased Turbotax online and it won't let me install it without turning off "S mode". Is there a workaround? It won't let me run as administrator. I see Turbotax "guide" is in the Microsoft app store, for...
  7. Turbotax Download

Turbotax Download: I have Windows 11 Home running in S mode on a brand new computer. I've purchased Turbotax online and it won't let me install it without turning off "S mode". Is there a workaround? It won't let me run as administrator. I see Turbotax "guide" is in the Microsoft app store, for...
  8. insert from form not what is on form

insert from form not what is on form: Hi, need new eyes on this. I fill in form to insert, it does insert but not what I entered ------------------------------------------------------------ this is the form code- truncated !DOCTYPE html><html> <head> </head> <body><center><b> <FORM action=maintinsert.php...
  9. TURBOTAX

in Windows 10 Customization
    TURBOTAX: THE TURBOTAX IS NOT ABLE OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turbotax/b96a0f18-ffe2-4fc8-9a78-85af06b76d24
  10. Windows form download and install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows form download and install: Can we download and install windows update of Version 1909 before installing version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-form/adac8062-21a1-4f2c-9a1b-3de54ac42f9a