Windows 10: Updating via USB

Discus and support Updating via USB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Maybe this question is stupid but anyways, I want to be sure that nothing could go wrong. If I update via USB, it would install the version of the iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SiegfriedXD, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Updating via USB

Maybe this question is stupid but anyways, I want to be sure that nothing could go wrong. If I update via USB, it would install the version of the iso or it would download the latest version, like this: I open the windows installer on Windows and I select the update option, would start installing the windows version of the iso? Also, if the USB is on FAT32 format would cause any trouble while installing?

submitted by /u/SiegfriedXD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SiegfriedXD, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Updating via USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Nov 11, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updating via USB :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Updating via USB

Problem with usb after window updates

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update the USB Drivers.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Updating via USB

1. Updating via USB - Similar Threads - Updating via USB

2. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  3. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  4. 2nd monitor via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor via USB: Sincerely would like to know why recent updates to Win10 now prevent pc from running a 2nd monitor via a USB port...Would like details of correct work round to apply.... as net is full of useless suggestions...such include some from Microsoft Windows!!!Thank you....
  5. Windows Install via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Install via USB: I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl with a USB Drive because I want to get rid of some bloatware and other things, but I'm not sure if my drivers will be reinstalled or if they wont. As a sidenote, I would also like to know how risky an install like...
  6. Can I update Windows 10 via bootable USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I update Windows 10 via bootable USB: Hi everyone, I running on 1903 version.I want to update windows 10 by creating a bootable USB like I would use for a fresh install.I cannot download the whole update in one go so updating directly is not possible for me.So, is it possible for me to use the windows 10 iso file...
  7. Update windows 8 to 10 via USB

Update windows 8 to 10 via USB: Ive been having a lot of trouble with my old computer and im trying to update via USB to windows 10 since its been blue screen for a while. For a while I had little to no progress but am now getting this. Both options result in the same error message. [IMG][IMG]...
  8. Windows 10 Updates via a USB drive.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Updates via a USB drive.: I have two PC's running Windows 10. One of the PC's has no internet connection and I cannot get updates into it. My question is how can I download updates via the second PC to a USB drive and then install it on the home bound PC. Is this possible? Can I copy the update...
  9. Windows 10 Updates via a USB drive.

Windows 10 Updates via a USB drive.: I have two PC's running Windows 10. One of the PC's has no internet connection and I cannot get updates into it. My question is how can I download updates via the second PC to a USB drive and then install it on the home bound PC. Is this possible? Can I copy the update...
  10. Power Output via USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Output via USB: USB3 ports output 0.8-0.9A. I always my connect my phone to usb3 port. Most phones follow the USB Battery Charging spec to negotiate a higher current since they are the reason the spec was defined in the first place. I'm just not so sure if a microphone would necessarily do...