Windows 10: Updating W 10

Discus and support Updating W 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Does anyone know how the windows updating will be done on 10? Will we have a choice to update or not. 3930 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emma, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Emma Win User

Updating W 10

Does anyone know how the windows updating will be done on 10? Will we have a choice to update or not.

:)

2. Updating from W 7 To W 10, stops at 97%

Thanks Archer. Still I need to learn about all the capital letters you wrote. I am not a nerd but may be near. I am coming from W 7. My biggest worry is about my files, I did not copy all of them. Yes the stupid is me.

I am near sure that any key I pushed will do nothing, and the situation will not change, but what is the risk about the files?

If I plug and then plug the PC. I will find the disk empty?

Thanks and sorry

Alex

AlejandroDal Monte, Jan 31, 2015
  3. Updating from W 7 To W 10, stops at 97%

Hi
    AlejandroDal Monte

If the process stops after 60% can be a base OS Corruption / Not genuine / Disk corruption:

Workaround (Allways from Administrator Prompt!!):

- Run SFC /SCANNOW

- Run CHKDSK /X /R

If upgrade from Windows 7:

Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [October 2014] from Official Microsoft Download Center

If Windows 8:

- Run dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restore health

Additionally, for troubleshooting you can open a CMD prompt during the boot for the upgrade:

- punch SHIFT + F10 until the DOS shell Appears.

- You will find yourself on Volume X:\

- Go to X:\Windows

Check for setupact.log and setuperr.log when the upgrade stops

- Go to X:\Windows\CBStemp

Check for CBS.log or CBStemp.log when the upgrade stops.

- Go to X:\Windows\Logs\CBS

Check for CBS.log or CBStemp.log when the upgrade stops.

(NOTE: To open this files you just need to type > notepad.exe <filename> at the command prompt.

Hope this Helps!

Kind Regards:

-

Archer's Pain, Jan 31, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Updating W 10

It will most likely end up with choices.

There`s no way for us to know, but to me, that would be logical.

AddRAM, Jan 31, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, we'll have the usual Windows Update settings by the time the RTM is out. The settings are just disabled for the preview builds for now. *Smile

Brink, Jan 31, 2015
  6. I was looking for this post. It's been greyed out so you can't update it.

Gina France, Feb 9, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    2 KB's coming through right now folks.

Edwin, Feb 9, 2015
  8. Updating W 10

ThrashZone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updating W 10

1. Updating W 10 - Similar Threads - Updating

2. Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update: Hi, Anytime I try to update my laptop it always result in a blue screen during restart My laptop is a sony vaio And also windows installed don't last up to a month kindly help me out Thank you...
  3. November Update yes or no?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    November Update yes or no?: I am not sure if I have the new Update or not, as in Settings I see on the one hand Windows 10 is 'up to date', but on the other it lists an update as 'failed to install'. Plus I understand that the 'features' part of the update has to be activated separately. What are the...
  4. Is all Windows 10 Support flooded and shut down since update v1909 issues?

Is all Windows 10 Support flooded and shut down since update v1909 issues?: I have tried Chat, Call Back, Message and Community for the last three days and have had no response from any avenue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-all-windows-10-support-flooded-and-shut-down/96006318-cbbd-4ea7-9128-e5736625545b
  5. Cannot update Dell XPS 13 9380 on Windows 1809 to 1903 or 1909: (0x8007042B - 0x2000D)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update Dell XPS 13 9380 on Windows 1809 to 1903 or 1909: (0x8007042B - 0x2000D): Hello, I have tried many, many ways to fix this without success. I have a Dell XPS 13 9380: 16gb RAM, 1Tb SSD with over 500Gb free on main partition, Intel i7-8565U with standard configuration. Whenever I want to update to Windows 1903 and now 1909, I always end up...
  6. Settings lost after update/reboot

Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...
  7. Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open: I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and decided to ask the forums for help. My Windows 10 64 bit ran into quite a bit of update errors months ago, which I thought I resolved when clearing space in the C: drive. Now it won't search for updates, notify me about...
  8. Latest Windows Update freezes my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows Update freezes my computer: The latest Windows update causes my computer to freeze frequently. I have to shut it off and turn it back on, which is very time-consuming and frustrating. I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home, and the version number is 10.0.17763 Build 17763. The update was installed in the last...
  9. Failed update, pc keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed update, pc keeps restarting: Hey everyone I probably got the wrong reddit sub? sorry if that's the case. The thing is my computer stopped working a while ago or rather is stuck in an endless restating cycle. What happened is that the update for windows 10 1903 started unexpectedly ( I was still on 1890),...
  10. Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Sorry if this is in the wrong place was not sure if this would be something to post in the Windows Updates and Activation forum....