Windows 10: Updating W 10

Discus and support Updating W 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Does anyone know how the windows updating will be done on 10? Will we have a choice to update or not. 3930 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Emma, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Emma Win User

Updating W 10

Does anyone know how the windows updating will be done on 10? Will we have a choice to update or not.

:)

2. Updating from W 7 To W 10, stops at 97%

Thanks Archer. Still I need to learn about all the capital letters you wrote. I am not a nerd but may be near. I am coming from W 7. My biggest worry is about my files, I did not copy all of them. Yes the stupid is me.

I am near sure that any key I pushed will do nothing, and the situation will not change, but what is the risk about the files?

If I plug and then plug the PC. I will find the disk empty?

Thanks and sorry

Alex

AlejandroDal Monte, Jan 31, 2015
  3. Updating from W 7 To W 10, stops at 97%

Hi
    AlejandroDal Monte

If the process stops after 60% can be a base OS Corruption / Not genuine / Disk corruption:

Workaround (Allways from Administrator Prompt!!):

- Run SFC /SCANNOW

- Run CHKDSK /X /R

If upgrade from Windows 7:

Download System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [October 2014] from Official Microsoft Download Center

If Windows 8:

- Run dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restore health

Additionally, for troubleshooting you can open a CMD prompt during the boot for the upgrade:

- punch SHIFT + F10 until the DOS shell Appears.

- You will find yourself on Volume X:\

- Go to X:\Windows

Check for setupact.log and setuperr.log when the upgrade stops

- Go to X:\Windows\CBStemp

Check for CBS.log or CBStemp.log when the upgrade stops.

- Go to X:\Windows\Logs\CBS

Check for CBS.log or CBStemp.log when the upgrade stops.

(NOTE: To open this files you just need to type > notepad.exe <filename> at the command prompt.

Hope this Helps!

Kind Regards:

-

Archer's Pain, Jan 31, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Updating W 10

It will most likely end up with choices.

There`s no way for us to know, but to me, that would be logical.

AddRAM, Jan 31, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, we'll have the usual Windows Update settings by the time the RTM is out. The settings are just disabled for the preview builds for now. *Smile

Brink, Jan 31, 2015
  6. I was looking for this post. It's been greyed out so you can't update it.

Gina France, Feb 9, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    2 KB's coming through right now folks.

Edwin, Feb 9, 2015
  8. Updating W 10

ThrashZone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Updating W 10

1. Updating W 10 - Similar Threads - Updating

2. I understand these are optional updates but these dates appear sketchy. I just wanted to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I understand these are optional updates but these dates appear sketchy. I just wanted to...: Dell laptop XPS 15 9575...Advanced options > Optional updatesDriver updates 5If you have a specific problem, one of these drivers might help. Otherwise, automatic updates will keep yourdrivers up to date.Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Extension - 12/19/2017 12:00:00 AM -...
  3. I understand these are optional updates but these dates appear sketchy. I just wanted to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I understand these are optional updates but these dates appear sketchy. I just wanted to...: Dell laptop XPS 15 9575...Advanced options > Optional updatesDriver updates 5If you have a specific problem, one of these drivers might help. Otherwise, automatic updates will keep yourdrivers up to date.Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Extension - 12/19/2017 12:00:00 AM -...
  4. I cant update my windows to 22h2 0x80070643

I cant update my windows to 22h2 0x80070643: I cant update to 22h2 and I need to so I can get windows 11 I've running troubleshooter but it cant identify the problem and ive tried going into command promt and entering this: net stop wuauservnet stop cryptSvcnet stop bitsnet stop msiserverren...
  5. I cant update my windows to 22h2 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant update my windows to 22h2 0x80070643: I cant update to 22h2 and I need to so I can get windows 11 I've running troubleshooter but it cant identify the problem and ive tried going into command promt and entering this: net stop wuauservnet stop cryptSvcnet stop bitsnet stop msiserverren...
  6. I cant update my windows to 22h2 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Refreshing desktop to see images/files updated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Refreshing desktop to see images/files updated: Siempre que descargo algún imagen no aparece en el escritorio de la PC hasta que refresca el fondo del escritorio, lo mismo sucede cuando elijo un destinario para que se descargue dicha imagen a un folder, el folder no se actualiza y aparece como si siguiera vacíoNo sé si...
  8. Refreshing desktop to see images/files updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refreshing desktop to see images/files updated: Siempre que descargo algún imagen no aparece en el escritorio de la PC hasta que refresca el fondo del escritorio, lo mismo sucede cuando elijo un destinario para que se descargue dicha imagen a un folder, el folder no se actualiza y aparece como si siguiera vacíoNo sé si...
  9. Refreshing desktop to see images/files updated

10. Updating Windows 11 has caused me to lose almost all my software settings and touchscreen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows 11 has caused me to lose almost all my software settings and touchscreen...: Hi, An automatic update was done on my Dell XPS 13plus 9320. Since the update all the previous settings which i have had are now lost. I cannot log into my work/school accounts, my touchscreen capabilities have been lost and since i cannot log into my work account i cannot...