Windows 10: Updating weirdness

Discus and support Updating weirdness in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 4 Windows 10 rigs at the house, three of them came with Windows 10, they are no problem. The fourth rig is the one that I upgraded in place from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by baldyfeathers, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Updating weirdness

I have 4 Windows 10 rigs at the house, three of them came with Windows 10, they are no problem. The fourth rig is the one that I upgraded in place from Win7. For the longest time Windows Defender would not work, so I went third party. Then something happened with a recent update and Defender was back in the house so I dumped the third party. Defender updated the database almost daily even though it was not in use during its non working status.

The problem is the fourth rig, it still updates Defender almost daily, while the other rigs don't, just occasionally.

At least Defender started working again...

Wondering...

:)

baldyfeathers, Jun 19, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updating weirdness :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Weird Noise after Anniversary Update

Hello John,

Let’s check what is causing that weird sound on your laptop.

Based on the link that you had provided, it seems that it’s either your CPU fan or Hard drive which is creating that sound.

If it’s the CPU fan, it might be an issue due to heavy processing, processor heating up or changes made during the update. If it’s your Hard drive, the issue might be with HDD performance. We suggest you to back up all your data to your external drive
    to prevent data loss.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

Step 1: Check your Task Manager

Close all applications and check in task manager for any high usage of resources by any process.

• Press Ctrl + Shift+ Esc together to open task manager.
    • Click on more details and check for any apps that is taking more resources.
    • Take note of any Applications that are taking High CPU usages and try to disable it if it’s not that important.
    Step 2: Start your computer in Safe Mode

Safe mode will start computer with basic drivers to check what might be causing the issue in normal functioning of computer. Check if the weird sounds are still happening.

Start computer in Safe Mode

Step 3: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Press Windows + W, and type troubleshooting.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane click on view all to get the list.
    • Click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
    Hardware and device troubleshooter is an inbuilt troubleshooter that will find the issues with hardware devices and try to fix them automatically.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 19, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Updating weirdness

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Updating weirdness

1. Updating weirdness - Similar Threads - Updating weirdness

2. Microsoft System Update loads of weird stuff automatically to my computer under an...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft System Update loads of weird stuff automatically to my computer under an...: Hello, this was automatically downloaded to my machine as part of the system updates last Thursday. I has specifically asked for the update not to take place until after the Easter weekend and my request was automatically overruled meaning my computer was unusable over...
  3. Weird Pop-ups from Programs after updating to the latest canary insider build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Pop-ups from Programs after updating to the latest canary insider build: Hi microsoft! i get these Privacy-like popups after updating to the latest Windows Insider Build https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-pop-ups-from-programs-after-updating-to-the/9e8b9d65-4739-4efa-bc6b-10c56f3e5e12
  4. Weird Pop-ups from Programs after updating to the latest canary insider build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Pop-ups from Programs after updating to the latest canary insider build: Hi microsoft! i get these Privacy-like popups after updating to the latest Windows Insider Build https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-pop-ups-from-programs-after-updating-to-the/9e8b9d65-4739-4efa-bc6b-10c56f3e5e12
  5. Windows 10 Screen Updating Weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Screen Updating Weird: My Windows 10 Laptop Screen isn't updating properly. Every time the screen updates, the previous screen slowly fades out & the current screen slowly fades in. This problem has been on my laptop for around 1-2 months & has made it hard to use and fix. I hope there is a way to...
  6. Windows 10 Screen Updating Weird

Windows 10 Screen Updating Weird: My Windows 10 Laptop Screen isn't updating properly. Every time the screen updates, the previous screen slowly fades out & the current screen slowly fades in. This problem has been on my laptop for around 1-2 months & has made it hard to use and fix. I hope there is a way to...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Updating Weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Keyboard acts weird after windows update in Fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard acts weird after windows update in Fortnite: Hello,I was playing fortnite today and everything was normal and worked perfectly. Untill I wanted to shut off my computer and saw an update i could do so I pressed update and shut off. Later I wanted to play fortnite again, and something in the controls or settings of my...
  9. Keyboard acts weird after windows update in Fortnite

Keyboard acts weird after windows update in Fortnite: Hello,I was playing fortnite today and everything was normal and worked perfectly. Untill I wanted to shut off my computer and saw an update i could do so I pressed update and shut off. Later I wanted to play fortnite again, and something in the controls or settings of my...
  10. Why Windows Update Shows and Download Weird Updates

Why Windows Update Shows and Download Weird Updates: When I check Updates, the windows update shows as downloading "cumulative update" on yesterday. Waited for few times and it gets error. The error code is 0x80240035. Then I retried again, shows this error. Today I rechecked updates and shows "Feature update to Windows 10...