Windows 10: Updating while away and acting like nothing happened

Discus and support Updating while away and acting like nothing happened in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I came to rant over the fact that you guys update my computer automatically when i am away, and then try to act like you did absolutely nothing by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BadLuke1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. BadLuke1 Win User

Updating while away and acting like nothing happened

I came to rant over the fact that you guys update my computer automatically when i am away, and then try to act like you did absolutely nothing by re-opening all of the tabs and windows i had open before i went away. Complete ****, cut the ****, i'd really appreciate it.

:)

BadLuke1, Jul 3, 2019

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updating while away and acting like nothing happened :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Updating while away and acting like nothing happened - Similar Threads - Updating while away

2. Pc acting strange after being away for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc acting strange after being away for a while: I've encountered a peculiar issue with my computer, and I'm baffled about what might be causing it. After stepping away for a while, perhaps to make a cup of tea, I returned to find my PC behaving strangely. I can't open any applications, reload Google, or save my current...
  3. Pc acting strange after being away for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc acting strange after being away for a while: I've encountered a peculiar issue with my computer, and I'm baffled about what might be causing it. After stepping away for a while, perhaps to make a cup of tea, I returned to find my PC behaving strangely. I can't open any applications, reload Google, or save my current...
  4. Download and nothing happen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download and nothing happen: I have strange issues in store where I can download application but after the installation and I close the MS Store the app will not be on the list of download apps. I tried different apps to test but got the same result. I checked on the library as well it is not showing...
  5. Download and nothing happen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download and nothing happen: I have strange issues in store where I can download application but after the installation and I close the MS Store the app will not be on the list of download apps. I tried different apps to test but got the same result. I checked on the library as well it is not showing...
  6. Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed: I use autohide with the taskbar, but the taskbar doesn't come up when I am focused on a browser window. This happens with all browsers I have installed Firefox and Opera GX. This is a recent problem and the taskbar would come up in the browser a couple weeks ago. This doesn't...
  7. Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed

Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed: I use autohide with the taskbar, but the taskbar doesn't come up when I am focused on a browser window. This happens with all browsers I have installed Firefox and Opera GX. This is a recent problem and the taskbar would come up in the browser a couple weeks ago. This doesn't...
  8. Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?: Mid-last week ~21 Jun my Win 11 PC formerly Win 10, upgraded about 5 weeks ago ran an auto update and sat waiting for a reboot to effect the change. I rebooted on my way out the door for work. When I came home, i essentially lost everything. I have slowly had to rebuild my...
  9. Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?: Mid-last week ~21 Jun my Win 11 PC formerly Win 10, upgraded about 5 weeks ago ran an auto update and sat waiting for a reboot to effect the change. I rebooted on my way out the door for work. When I came home, i essentially lost everything. I have slowly had to rebuild my...
  10. Update & Close Down but nothing happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update & Close Down but nothing happens: For the past 2 days I have received the notice upon clicking the shut down icon "update and shut down", but nothing happens there is no update the computer shuts down as usual. When I start the computer in the morning, it starts as normal without any notice that updates are...