Windows 10: updating window defender

Discus and support updating window defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have experienced in recent days difficulty in updating window defender; presently my computer is unprotected but can't update my virus and spy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by johnstonemcgill, Sep 5, 2018.

1. updating window defender

I have experienced in recent days difficulty in updating window defender; presently my computer is unprotected but can't update my virus and spy definations

:)

johnstonemcgill, Sep 5, 2018

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 5, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    Let your Windows 8 Defender update itself automatically.

P4-630, Sep 5, 2018
  4. updating window defender

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

updating window defender

1. updating window defender - Similar Threads - updating window defender

2. Windows Defender Will Not Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Will Not Update: My installed Windows Defender won't update. I am well connected to the internet but it says, "Check your internet connection and try again." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-will-not-update/75b657ba-6379-4d7c-b8a6-ab541a04a403
  3. Windows Defender Updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Updates?: Hey all, I was just wondering if I postpone my Win 10 updates for a few weeks, will my Windows Defender still get it's virus updates or do they get them thru the Win 10 Update? Thanks in advance 146117
  4. Windows Defender updating

Windows Defender updating: How to get Windows Defender to automatically do updates ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-updating/7c0c478e-6e0a-4530-8a79-2ee7f7190ad4
  5. Updating windows defender

Updating windows defender: I tried updating my windows defender but it shows error in after some time and then stops the update. Error code showing: 0x80072ee2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/updating-windows-defender/336ecb86-5fba-4d8c-867f-dc57eedef704
  6. Windows Defender Updates

Windows Defender Updates: Has MS stopped updating this Program? I used to many per day and I have not had one since ~ 5:00PM on 6.19.2019 [img] Reported to the HUB 135169
  7. updating windows defender

updating windows defender: my windows antivirus is having problem updating what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/updating-windows-defender/4a7c4ae3-0318-4c43-b44f-e1565db85417
  8. updating windows defender

updating windows defender: my windows antivirus is having problem updating what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-windows-defender/4a7c4ae3-0318-4c43-b44f-e1565db85417
  9. Windows defender update ?

Windows defender update ?: i just disabled windows defender today and switch to another lightweight antivirus. I always update my widows and also my windows defender. So did i still receive windows defender update even when i disabled WD? because i am afraid when i get an update about WD it enabled...
  10. Windows Defender Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Updates: I wonder if anyone else has noticed that there have been no updates to Windows Defender since Version 1.221.14.0 created at 4:28 PM May 19 2016? I have used Defender (currently on 5 machines) for several years and there have always been several updates daily and now there...