Windows 10: Updating Windows 10 causes network adapter to fail every few minutes

Discus and support Updating Windows 10 causes network adapter to fail every few minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10, every few minutes my Wifi connection disconnects. The "Troubleshoot problem" resets the Wifi Adapter, but after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YourEye G, Sep 4, 2019.

1. YourEye G Win User

Updating Windows 10 causes network adapter to fail every few minutes

After updating Windows 10, every few minutes my Wifi connection disconnects. The "Troubleshoot problem" resets the Wifi Adapter, but after a few minutes the issue returns.

Chrome shows DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET or ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT, the Troubleshooter shows green V "The default gateway is not available - Fixed".

I tried a lot of things (including a lot of CMD scripts, updating Network adapter driver, "Network reset" of Windows 10) and nothing helps.

Example for pages that did not help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues.

https://windowsreport.com/fix-windows-10-network-adapter-problems/
    https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-do-when-windows-10-can-t-connect-to-a-network-4587251

I tried anything besides a clean Windows 10 installation, and I refuse doing that since then I won't be able to roll-back to the previous working version.

Some conclusions I came to during my testing:

1. The issue is caused by the upgrade. Rolling back to my previous version (2016?) fixes it.
    2. The issue is probably caused by the combination of the Windows version and the Network Adapter driver (I updated it to the latest - did not work. I would try an earlier version but Windows does not allow that).
    3. My home router isn't the problem. It behaves the same when connecting to a different network (such as iPhone's hotspot).
    4. The Wifi Adapter dongle is not the problem: I tried 2 different dongles and it behaves the same.
    5. I found out a weird behavior: After restarting my home router, there internet works fine until the next system restart.

I have a "wlan-report.html" but I don't see a way to attach files here (the most common error is: "Disconnect reason: The network is disconnected by the driver.").

More Context:
    I recently updated my Windows 10 to the newest version.

My previous version was from a few years back (2016?).

Last time I updated Windows to its newest version, it was a year ago (2018) and I had the same issue with the network adapter. Then I rolled back to my previous Windows version. Now I want to fix this without having to roll back (and without re-installing Windows 10 - this would make me unable to rollback).

A link to windows feedback: https://aka.ms/AA5z4s7

Please help. I have no idea what to do next. I don't want to roll-back the windows version, since there're necessary applications I need which must have the updated Windows 10.

:)

YourEye G, Sep 4, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 4, 2019
  3. What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Updating Windows 10 causes network adapter to fail every few minutes

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Updating Windows 10 causes network adapter to fail every few minutes

1. Updating Windows 10 causes network adapter to fail every few minutes - Similar Threads - Updating causes network

2. What’s hardware causes my pc to restart every few minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What’s hardware causes my pc to restart every few minutes?: Hey,My pc was built about a month ago and I have had no issues until now. I have gone through all the steps I know when it comes to troubleshooting software. I didn’t get anywhere so I decided to wipe the pc and redownload windows from a boot drive. It is still restarting...
  3. What’s hardware causes my pc to restart every few minutes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What’s hardware causes my pc to restart every few minutes?: Hey,My pc was built about a month ago and I have had no issues until now. I have gone through all the steps I know when it comes to troubleshooting software. I didn’t get anywhere so I decided to wipe the pc and redownload windows from a boot drive. It is still restarting...
  4. Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes: Hi, I bought an Aegis R prebuilt PC from MSI about a month ago and ever since it arrived at my place, every few minutes my network adapter Intel Wireless-AC 9462 resets and interrupts my internet connection. In Event Viewer, all of this pops up whenever it happens:Level:...
  5. Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes

Network Adapter Resetting and Encountering Errors Every 5-10 minutes: Hi, I bought an Aegis R prebuilt PC from MSI about a month ago and ever since it arrived at my place, every few minutes my network adapter Intel Wireless-AC 9462 resets and interrupts my internet connection. In Event Viewer, all of this pops up whenever it happens:Level:...
  6. Connection interrupted every few minutes

Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  7. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  8. My camera and Network adapters is not connected in few minutes/hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera and Network adapters is not connected in few minutes/hours: I am just using a laptop peacefully, until a camera and wireless adapter become not connected to my laptop even though the are updated with latest drivers, i even tried to do all of things, but i can't like Network reset, update all the drivers, but still its my problem,...
  9. Windows 10 Pro BSOD every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro BSOD every few minutes: Greetings all, I've been dealing with a BSOD over the past few days. I leave my system up over night, I wake up to a BSOD. I thought it was my System Drive, so I replaced it, then attempted to fix windows with sfc and dism. Today, I received a BSOD during the day. Then again...
  10. Need to or have to disable & enable WiFi Network Adapter every few minutes for the wifi to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to or have to disable & enable WiFi Network Adapter every few minutes for the wifi to...: I am using Windows 10 Version 1909 on HP Laptop 15-ay009tx Since last 4 days i'm facing issues with my Wifi disconnecting frequently. It says it's connected to my home network "Federal" but after few minutes it shows "No Internet Secured". TheWiFi Rays icon changes to Globe...