Windows 10: Updating Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro.

Discus and support Updating Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have some old Windows 7 Pro machines that I have dusted off. One of them I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro without any issue. The other I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike_Morley, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Updating Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro.

Hi,

I have some old Windows 7 Pro machines that I have dusted off. One of them I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro without any issue. The other I am said to say has gone to silicone heaven. This has left me with a product key for Windows 7 Pro that I am no longer using..

I also have a Windows 10 home laptop. How do I use the the Windows 7 Pro product key to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Mike

:)

Mike_Morley, Sep 7, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Sep 7, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Updating Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Updating Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro.

1. Updating Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro. - Similar Threads - Updating home pro

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro Update Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Update Error: I tried to upgrade my Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro with the product key, but when I entered the product key it said that "Windows was activated," but it didn't upgrade. I restarted it after but it restarted normally and nothing happened....
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro update: I bought windows 10 home from amazon which came with a product key and then I upgraded it to windows 10 pro by purchasing it on Microsoft Store. I didn't use any pc after that for around 4 years.Now, when I am again trying to upgrade it to pro, its asking me to pay again.I...
  4. WINDOWS 10 HOME TO PRO UPDATE

WINDOWS 10 HOME TO PRO UPDATE: Hi, I am using a HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba075tx, windows 10 home, which came installed with the laptop. Today early morning I updated to windows 10 pro via Settings>System>About>Change product key or upgrade to windows 10 pro. The pop up opened a windows store page...
  5. Window 10 update from home to pro.

Window 10 update from home to pro.: I have a HP desktop and cannot update my edition to pro. I bought the digital license from Helpfuldownload. Please help. I read the thread and instruction. Even with window 10 default key is not working....
  6. Windows 10 Home - Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Home - Windows 10 Pro: If I update my computer from a windows 10 home to a windows 10 pro, can I still use the windows 10 home that was on the computer before onto a different computer?...
  7. Windows 10 Home to 10 Pro

Windows 10 Home to 10 Pro: I plan on buying an online box that comes with Windows 10 Home. Since this is a new machine, I suspect no other apps/programs besides the OS. Can I format the 1 TB hdd and install the 10 Pro?...
  8. Windows 10 home update for Pro

Windows 10 home update for Pro: I bought the upgrade to windows 10 PRO from microsoft store, but when i did the upgrade my windows appears as enterprise and does not activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-update-for-pro/de7aeac9-41a0-4497-8c49-6561f1b17ddd
  9. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: I would like to downgrade my system from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home. Is this possible without hard-reinstall? Regards, Ekim https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-to-windows-10-home/85edb6b3-d50e-4042-a2b8-20fd9cc866b6"
  10. Unable to update windows 10 home to Pro

Unable to update windows 10 home to Pro: Hi Team, I had received windows 10 home edition with my laptop. Now I'm getting below error while upgrading it to professional, however, there is no issue in my internet. I'm able to open a store, email and other stuff like downloading apps etc. I have tried...