Windows 10: updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

Discus and support updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hopeful-sab, Feb 11, 2019.

1. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all. I am new to this system & don't particularly know computer jargon. so need help spelt out simply. Can any help?

:)

Hopeful-sab, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 11, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

1. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop - Similar Threads - updating brand laptop

2. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  3. Update laptop with brand new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update laptop with brand new SSD: Hello.I have a laptop with Windows 8. I want to upgrade the device with a brand new SSD, but I would like to know two things:1. Is it possible to use my Windows 8 license to install Windows in this SSD? I have the key in an official Dell/ Microsoft document that came with the...
  4. Brand new laptop--windows update failure??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new laptop--windows update failure??: I literally just got this new laptop today and I am making setting changes and ran across this.. I don't know how I am already experiencing issues with a brand new laptop. Can you help? I've tried troubleshooting the windows update & restarted my computer. But when I pulled...
  5. Windows update killed my brand new laptop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update killed my brand new laptop!: After the most recent windows update, my laptop is completely dead. I can't turn it on at all. I tried three different chargers thinking maybe the battery died. I got nothing. No lights. Nothing! I just bought three laptops for my kids for school. I am schooling at home. We...
  6. Windows 10 on brand new laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 on brand new laptop: My son has just had his own windows 10 laptop and when we set it up he was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. However, I was set up to have family control. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time until a couple of...
  7. Brand new laptop breaking after update.

Brand new laptop breaking after update.: My sister has a brand new laptop, and i was uninstalling some of the acer bloatware. As i restarted the laptop, it started updating. Afterwards, i cant do anything. None of the troubleshooting options work. I cant even reset it....
  8. Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop: I recently purchased a new gaming laptop. After windows 10 updates automatically installed, my battery stopped charging. I noticed this morning that it was at 10% so I shut it down. Apparently the shut down during the 10% and now the computer will not start back up. How am I...
  9. Brand New laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...