Windows 10: Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions

Discus and support Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm broadcasting a resolution based on latest MSFT Tech resolving defender issue.. Here goes … for some reason automatic defender update failed and no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by blessme, Jul 16, 2019.

1. blessme Win User

Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions

I'm broadcasting a resolution based on latest MSFT Tech resolving defender issue.. Here goes … for some reason automatic defender update failed and no longer retried. Ok clicked on error ######## and noticed there was option to manually update win 10 defender 64 bit. It did take as Per Tech support depicted it. However it did not display on automatic defender definition update, due to it was manual, than automatic. Ok in a month or two I should get automatic defender successful updates that are shown. If I still have problems I can contact MSFT Tech reopen case for resolution or if nothing else I might try opting my paid antispyware for Firewall Protection as a last case. So I'll wait and see if Defender Definition updates are successful.

I have a high regard for MSFT Defender Firewall, and MSFT are more familiar about its firewall issues than outsiders.

Patience maybe prudent. I hope I have reduced some frustrating mysteries out there.

:)

blessme, Jul 16, 2019
  2. FredWall Win User

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, Jul 16, 2019
  3. howardjr Win User
    Updating definitions in windows 10 Defender.

How come Defender doesn't check my last definitions download and update them if they are not current? Windows 10 will notify me to run a scan but, with definitions that are always as much as a couple of days old. I know that definitions come on windows
    update but that does not happen every day. I would suggest that every time you run defender that it would download definitions first just to make sure they are the most recent.

howardjr, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.225.3124.0) - Error 0x80070643

Hello,

With the issue description, I understand that you are getting the error code for Windows Defender Error 0x80070643. I will certainly help you.

KB2267602 is the latest Definition update for Windows Defender. I would suggest you to follow the suggestion as a workaround given by
    johnhawk88 replied on 24, 2015 and check if it helps.

Definition Update for Windows Defender - Error 0x80070643

If issue persists you may try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows Update troubleshooter.

Run the Windows Update troubleshooter to try and fix the issue. Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

I request you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check it helps.

• I search bar Type Troubleshooter and click on
      Troubleshooting;
    • Click on the Find and Fix problems tile and then click on the
      view all button the left pane.
    • Click on the Windows update
      troubleshooter
      and run it.

Method 2: Reset Windows Update components
    and test the issue.

I suggest you to reset Windows Updates Components. Resetting Windows Update Components and the Windows Update files helps to fix Windows Update errors.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Backup the registry:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

Note: To reset the computer to normal mode after troubleshooting, please refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual”
    from the above article.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender.

How to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923159

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Kumar Ravi, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions

1. Updating windows 10 V1093 Defender definitions - Similar Threads - Updating V1093 Defender

2. Windows Defender Definitions not Updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Definitions not Updating: Hi All, I've got a PC in an SCCM environment which is not updating the Windows Defender definitions, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in Administrator CMD and is coming back with error code 0x800f0954. Incase you also need to know this is on Windows 10 version...
  3. Definition updates for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition updates for Windows Defender: I have three pcs on my home network all running Windows 10. One of them no longer downloads and installs the definition updates for Windows Defender. I worked with a support agent and went through the following steps running the command prompt as administrator: net stop...
  4. Windows Defender Definition Updates

Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  5. Windows Defender definition updates ...

Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  6. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  7. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. Updating Defender Definitions.

Updating Defender Definitions.: can't update the definition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-defender-definitions/01d2f8f4-51bd-48f3-b7d7-03f00f5c959d
  9. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...
  10. Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender Definition Update: I have disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10, but the Windows Defender Definition Updates are still being downloaded and installed, these updates are wasting my hard disk space. Are there ways to stop downloading of these updates. 16433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. v1093 not downloading