Windows 10: Updating Windows 10 via WSUS without Microsost Edge installed -- error

Discus and support Updating Windows 10 via WSUS without Microsost Edge installed -- error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi everyone I am trying to update Windows 10 1909 via WSUS Until now, that's works fine, but I had to uninstall Microsot Edge from all my windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fabrante, May 28, 2020.

1. fabrante Win User

Updating Windows 10 via WSUS without Microsost Edge installed -- error

Hi everyone

I am trying to update Windows 10 1909 via WSUS

Until now, that's works fine, but I had to uninstall Microsot Edge from all my windows 10, because now we are using Edge Chromium. The problem is that now we cannot update de OS, we have a lot of errors.

What we can do ?

Thanks in advance

:)

fabrante, May 28, 2020
  2. fabrante Win User

Hi everyone

I am trying to update Windows 10 1909 via WSUS

Until now, that's works fine, but I had to uninstall Microsot Edge from all my windows 10, because now we are using Edge Chromium. The problem is that now we cannot update de OS, we have a lot of errors.

What we can do ?

Thanks in advance

fabrante, May 28, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 28, 2020
  4. sy5tem Win User

The WSUS support thread

update on my install, i ad everything working inside a VM with 2 disk , when i moved it to the local vm machine WSUS would not work anymore , something do to with database error, sadly have not found a way to tell WSUS where the database is ....
    on the new machine its still in the root of d:\ this as not changed so i don't know why WSUS can't connect to his database *Frown Updating Windows 10 via WSUS without Microsost Edge installed -- error :(

sy5tem, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Updating Windows 10 via WSUS without Microsost Edge installed -- error - Similar Threads - Updating via WSUS

2. WSUS Update for window 10 Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS Update for window 10 Failed: Hi , i was tasked to use WSUS Update to update Patches for 30 - 40Pc. but i noticed that after running the installer it says Failed to update . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-update-for-window-10-failed/074afe45-38e4-4050-93c7-9cdfa3a6889b
  3. WSUS not installing Cumulative updates

WSUS not installing Cumulative updates: I have a private network where the PCs have no direct line to outside the network. Each of the PCs are configured to communicate and receive updates from a WSUS server. The Security updates, stack updates and other types of updates are downloading and installing most of the...
  4. Updates Windows 10 from 1909 to 2004 via wsus

Updates Windows 10 from 1909 to 2004 via wsus: Update Windows 1909 18363.1556 ends with update failed to install with error code 0x80d02002. On the client there are files in the folder ...SoftwareDistribution\Download\...: WindowsUpdateBox.exe 21 Mbyte and...
  5. KB4584642 Update in WSUS for new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 Oct. 29

in Windows 10 News
    KB4584642 Update in WSUS for new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 Oct. 29: Update in WSUS for the new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10, version 1809, 1903, 1909, and 2004: October 29, 2020 Applies to: Windows 10 version 1809 all editions, Windows 10 version 1903 all editions, Windows 10 version 1909 all editions, Windows 10 version 2004 all editions,...
  6. update downloaded with WSUS server but not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    update downloaded with WSUS server but not install: Hi I have a problem With WSUS server I approve Updates for Client Clients download updates but not automatic installing them What should I do to get clients to automatically install updates? [ATTACH]...
  7. WSUS Error

WSUS Error: When I click check for updates I'm getting this error. This server 2019 is linked with WSUS server to get updates. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  8. Improving security for Windows 10 devices receiving updates via WSUS

in Windows 10 News
    Improving security for Windows 10 devices receiving updates via WSUS: With the September 2020 cumulative update for Windows 10, we introduced changes that help improve the security of devices that scan Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) for their updates. This post will describe those changes and offer basic recommendations to help you...
  9. Persistent error when applying KB4494441 via WSUS

Persistent error when applying KB4494441 via WSUS: Windows 10 PRO v1809 with all updates through April, 2019 applied Trying to use WSUS to apply KB4494441 fails after reaching 100% with error 0X8007005 Other updates from May, 2019 applied successfully...
  10. Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?: My computer is on an AD domain and we have a WSUS server serving updates. However only certain categories of updates are auto approved so typically what I used to do with windows 7 is every once in a while click "Check for updates from microsoft" and this would bypass WSUS...