Windows 10: Updating Windows Defender

Discus and support Updating Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Do not get a notice when Defender needs updating why is this ? [Original Title: Windows Defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by K.T.Y, Dec 17, 2019.

1. K.T.Y Win User

Updating Windows Defender

Do not get a notice when Defender needs updating why is this ?

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

K.T.Y, Dec 17, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 17, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Updating Windows Defender

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Updating Windows Defender

1. Updating Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Updating Defender

2. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  3. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  6. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  9. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd
  10. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender 4.18.2001.112

2. 4.18.2001.112

3. windows defender no longer updating win 10

4. security intelligence update for windows defender not updating,
  5. security intelligence update stuck