Windows 10: Updating

Discus and support Updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Stream Noteboo with Windows 10. Not able to free up required amount of space. Having problem downloading updates to the USB. I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ermie London Adams, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Updating

I have a HP Stream Noteboo with Windows 10. Not able to free up required amount of space. Having problem downloading updates to the USB. I need guidance and instructions. Which would be better to use USB or SD card

:)

Ermie London Adams, Feb 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 12, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 12, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Updating

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Updating

1. Updating - Similar Threads - Updating

2. System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update: On April 11, 2019, my System Mechanic updated itself to version 18.7.0.64, and it was the fastest upgrade to date. As per usual, it deleted the older version, and then reinstalled the newer version. However, in the process of doing so, it apparently never reinstalled the...
  3. windows update not working (version 1511)

windows update not working (version 1511): I am trying to update, but when it gets to installing update it gets stuck at 13% and after awhile it shows error code 0x800705b4. I have a HP Convertible x360 with an Intel Celeron CPU...
  4. How can Microsoft downloaded 10 without my permission? No, I did not accept and update was...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can Microsoft downloaded 10 without my permission? No, I did not accept and update was...: How can Microsoft downloaded 10 without my permission? No, I did not accept and update was turned off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-microsoft-downloaded-10-without-my/e822b494-f418-45d8-9066-96cf98ac27d0"
  5. Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...

Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...: I have just done a clean install + all updates of Windows on my Surface Book. When I try to setup Find My Device through my Microsoft account, I'm getting this message: https://snag.gy/7CiWA9.jpg However, when I go to Windows Updates it's showing me that I'm fully...
  6. RELATED TO WINDOWS UPDATE

RELATED TO WINDOWS UPDATE: In my laptop windows update was not there in services.msc so i install it from internet. Then i click on start services of windows update then it again pops up the message that windows could not start windows update on local computer error 2 the file location is not...
  7. update

update: Hi I have the following updates. One installed the other says failed but both are for the same update. Should I try to update the failed one even thought it is the same number. 2018-11 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based system...
  8. Updated computer & have Windows 10 1083. I use CoreldDraw Suite 2019 with it to cut vinyl...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated computer & have Windows 10 1083. I use CoreldDraw Suite 2019 with it to cut vinyl...: Have updated Dell computer with Windows 10 1083. I have a vinyl cutter- Roland Camm-1 GS 24 that was synced up with Roland Cut Studio and CorelDraw Suite 2019 to make the cutter cut vinyl for signs and banners. In trying to sync CorelDraw 2019 with Roland Cut Studio 311 all I...
  9. April 2019 Xbox OS System Update Released - April 16

in Windows 10 News
    April 2019 Xbox OS System Update Released - April 16: [ATTACH] Now that we are officially in Spring, it is time to start cleaning out your game backlog. Even with so much gaming to do, we have some new features to share coming to Xbox One. The April 2019 Xbox Update includes new ways to engage with Xbox Game Pass, use the...
  10. Microsoft Security Essentials Updates are huge

Microsoft Security Essentials Updates are huge: I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7. There has been a large increase in the size of Microsoft Security Essentials Updates for me lately. Is this just me? I don't have broadband and I have limited usage so this is a problem for me. Is there something I can do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 03/2019