Windows 10: Updgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 help needed

Discus and support Updgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 help needed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 10. I have purchased a full retail version of Windows 10. My computer, although old, has been upgraded and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulA80X, Aug 14, 2018.

1. PaulA80X Win User

Updgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 help needed

I am upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 10. I have purchased a full retail version of Windows 10. My computer, although old, has been upgraded and has all the correct specs to run the operating system, including a 250gb SSD. My system is 32-bit.

I know I have to do a clean install, and I am following steps to undertake this, one of the first of which is to download the correct version of Media Creation Tool. This is where I'm having problems. I have downloaded and tried to run different versions of the Media Creation tool and keep getting error messages when I try to run Setup.exe. I have tried MediaCreationTool1803 and the Windows 10 ISO (64-bit). Should I be using the 32-bit ISO? I read if I have 4gb RAM I should use 64-bit?

These are the error messages I get from different Setup.exe files:

When downloaded from Microsoft through a Windows 10 computer:

"E:\MediaCreationTool1803.exe is not a valid Win 32 application"

From the purchased Windows 10 Installation Media (32-bit, 64-bit, and main one)

"Windows installation cannot be started from the current operating system. To install Windows, boot from the installation media, or upgrade from a supported operating system and restart the installation"

OR

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I get a similar message when I use the 64-bit Windows 10 ISO I downloaded.

Will the 32-bit ISO work, or do I need to do something else?

:)

PaulA80X, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Updgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10 help needed - Similar Threads - Updgrade Vista help

2. Program Compatibility from Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Compatibility from Vista to Windows 10: I have a CD program that is windows Vista compatible. How do I make it compatible with Windows 10 or 11.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-compatibility-from-vista-to-windows-10/1ac3f560-b4ad-4eef-adb4-592399fa47a7
  3. I need windows vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need windows vista: I want to try gaming from xp to 11 but i dont have a vista download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-windows-vista/e6049314-be66-410e-8174-f815ae287a12
  4. I need windows vista

I need windows vista: I want to try gaming from xp to 11 but i dont have a vista download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-windows-vista/e6049314-be66-410e-8174-f815ae287a12
  5. Windows 10 upgrade from Vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Vista: I have a Windows 10 upgrade that I purchased for my wife some time ago but she did not want to upgrade. Now she does. The upgrade is on a memory stick. Windows 10 says that it can not upgrade from Vista and my computer does not recognize the memory stick as a boot-able...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade from Vista

Windows 10 upgrade from Vista: I have a Windows 10 upgrade that I purchased for my wife some time ago but she did not want to upgrade. Now she does. The upgrade is on a memory stick. Windows 10 says that it can not upgrade from Vista and my computer does not recognize the memory stick as a boot-able...
  7. Upgrade from Vista to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Vista to Windows 10: I have a laptop that has Windows Vista and I'd like to upgrade it to Windows 10, can I do that? I already have Windows 10 on our second laptop and I have a subscription for Microsoft 365. Does this mean that I have access to Windows 10 to install on my other devices?...
  8. updgrading from windows 7 to 10

updgrading from windows 7 to 10: So I went to Best Buy and purchased windows 10. I'm having trouble trying to find out how to enter the product key. In my Microsoft account it keeps telling me to upgrade and I click on the upgrade button but then it keeps redirecting me and tries to get me to buy a new...
  9. Upgrading from vista to windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from vista to windows 10: I just upgraded memory & hard drive in a older Vista machine and loaded windows 10 home. Is there a cost reduction since I am upgrading from a old version of windows?...
  10. Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?

Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?: Hello i have a acer aspire 4315 2904 laptop 32 bit operating system with windows vista it has 3 gigs of ram intel Core 2 dou T5750 upgraded cpu from a Celeron cpu with a upgraded one Terabyte hard drive had it upgraded from windows home basic to windows home premium 32 bit...