Windows 10: Upgading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Discus and support Upgading from Windows 10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I've been thinking of upgrading my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I tried looking into it, but I was a bit puzzled that it would cost 145... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kunhanihmettelen, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Upgading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hello!

I've been thinking of upgrading my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I tried looking into it, but I was a bit puzzled that it would cost 145 €uros. That's the same price if I bought a new Windows copy from a local re-seller. I guess I was hoping that an upgrade wouldn't cost the whole price. Have I been too hopeful with this thought?

:)

Kunhanihmettelen, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Upgading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Upgading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

1. Upgading from Windows 10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Upgading Home Pro

2. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  3. unable to adjust brightness windows 10 after upgade from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to adjust brightness windows 10 after upgade from windows 10: unable to adjust brightness windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-adjust-brightness-windows-10-after/097e970c-3eb8-422f-b49d-86ce402fbeef
  4. Degrading from Windows 10 pro to Home.

Degrading from Windows 10 pro to Home.: When i purchased my laptop it was having windows 10 Home by default there was no key given, Then i upgraded to pro and i want to degrade it to home , So i need any key? because when i purchased my laptop it was having default home no key was given. Pleas help me..!...
  5. windows upgade

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows upgade: After upgrade from 7 to 10 I have no cd or dvd . I have a Lenovo desk top the player work fine before upgrade and now nothing can be open have tried a lot of the stuff but to no avail....
  6. Windows 10 pro upgade from build 1809 to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro upgade from build 1809 to 1909: Hello folks My name is Tony a retired police chief (not a bad guy). I have been messing with computers since the early 90's when dial up and billboards were the thing. My knowledge is fair as a programmer; mainly Filemaker pro, but good as a user. My fixing ability is...
  7. Windows 10 pro upgade from build 1809 to 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro upgade from build 1809 to 1909: Hello folks My name is Tony a retired police chief (not a bad guy). I have been messing with computers since the early 90's when dial up and billboards were the thing. My knowledge is fair as a programmer; mainly Filemaker pro, but good as a user. My fixing ability is...
  8. how to roll back windows upgade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to roll back windows upgade from home to pro: For whatever reason my copy of windows shows that it has been updated from home to enterprise edition. I made a mistake, I only wanted to Pr edition. Ho can I roll back to home or Pro edition?...
  9. Windows 10 from home to Pro

Windows 10 from home to Pro: Hello, I had windows 10 home on my system for some time, then I purchased pro through the Microsoft store, I was trying to activate it, but I can't find a key nor a license for pro. my email only has the purchase id but doesn't provide a digital license nor a product key...
  10. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...