Windows 10: upgrade 10 pro path

Discus and support upgrade 10 pro path in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have SQ1 Surface Pro X with windows 10 pro. prior to upgrading SSD 256 to 512 windows update said I could upgrade to windows 11. After installing new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael_Pickell, Dec 11, 2021.

1. upgrade 10 pro path

I have SQ1 Surface Pro X with windows 10 pro. prior to upgrading SSD 256 to 512 windows update said I could upgrade to windows 11. After installing new SSD, reinstalling Windows 10 pro it is saying passed the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program for Windows 11 but no longer offing the upgrade. Also does home go to home, and pro to pro versions ?

:)

Michael_Pickell, Dec 11, 2021

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 11, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    What is the best upgrade path for 8.1 to 10 pro

Thanks.

I was looking for a standalone offering in the MS Store. No wonder I couldn't find it.

I didn't notice that tutorial existed. I'll look for the button when I'm next on the Win 10 Home laptop. (No chance that I'll actually use it. I don't really need Pro on my desktop PCs, but I upgraded from 8 .1 Pro.)

bobkn, Dec 11, 2021
  4. Word Man Win User

upgrade 10 pro path

What is the best upgrade path for 8.1 to 10 pro

bobkn:

I can't copy that link into this thread because it is a link on YOUR computer. If you follow Brink's tutorial steps, doing it on your computer: Click lower left start button, click Settings, click Update & Security, click Activation, there should be a box on lower right that says "Go to Store", click that.

Brink's tutorial itself is at: Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - See Step 2 in particular.

The only cheaper alternatives I can find are on Amazon.com with $80-$95 Pro Packs or Upgrades for Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro. I won't even talk about eBay.

If you're at Win 10 Home now and it's activated OK, the Go to Store box should be there for you and, if it's worth $100 to you to go to Pro, then that's about as "official" a path as I see at the moment.

Good luck!

Word Man, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

upgrade 10 pro path

1. upgrade 10 pro path - Similar Threads - upgrade pro path

2. upgrade path is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade path is not supported: this is the message i get when upgrading upgrade path is not supported close setup and re launce from the root of the media or go back and pick a differencvt installation choice what does that mean my machine is running win 11 but it says that i cant run windows how to fix i...
  3. Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-upgrade-path-from-windows-11-home-to-pro/05ffee9c-eb7e-467f-a0e9-e3b1f2d4209c
  4. Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Is there upgrade path from Windows 11 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-upgrade-path-from-windows-11-home-to-pro/05ffee9c-eb7e-467f-a0e9-e3b1f2d4209c
  5. upgrade 10 pro path

upgrade 10 pro path: I have SQ1 Surface Pro X with windows 10 pro. prior to upgrading SSD 256 to 512 windows update said I could upgrade to windows 11. After installing new SSD, reinstalling Windows 10 pro it is saying passed the Windows Hardware Compatibility Program for Windows 11 but no longer...
  6. Upgrade path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade path: Why is it so hard to get someone from MS to answer a direct question? They want a support contract to answer anything aside from "What is your name?"! All I want to know is what is the correct upgrade path for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to Windows Server 2016...
  7. Upgrade path

Upgrade path: Why is it so hard to get someone from MS to answer a direct question? They want a support contract to answer anything aside from "What is your name?"! All I want to know is what is the correct upgrade path for a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise to Windows Server 2016...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Upgrade-Path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 Upgrade-Path: Hello, after a long research, i didn´t found answers regarding two questions. 1. How is the Upgrade-Path for Windows 10 1809 Enterprise? Is the transformation from 1809 directly to 20H2 technical supported. I can´t find any technical whitepaper for this path. 2. The...
  9. path to upgrade home to pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    path to upgrade home to pro?: I have an unused win7home license, part of a "family 3 pack" I got a long time ago. I picked up a really nice used motherboard, xyratex 0944037-02, has 7 PCIe slots Gen2 and Gen1. It was not licensed for windows but I got win7x64 pro working on it after a lot of...
  10. What is the best upgrade path for 8.1 to 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best upgrade path for 8.1 to 10 pro: I just purchased a new windows 8.1 laptop. I need to upgrade to a Pro version. my previous laptop was 7 pro. As I would rather not have to learn two new operating systems (have not worked with either 8 or 10 yet) - I thought I would get to 10 pro as soon as possible....