Windows 10: Upgrade 10 with dual boot

Discus and support Upgrade 10 with dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 R2 dual boot laptop configuartion. If i upgrade my widnows 7 to Win10 does i will loose dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fangas, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Fangas Win User

Upgrade 10 with dual boot

Hello. I have a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 R2 dual boot laptop configuartion.

If i upgrade my widnows 7 to Win10 does i will loose dual boot configs?

Thanks

:)

Fangas, Sep 26, 2015
  2. mlg63 Win User

Can we install a Duel Operating System with Windows 10

If you have a separate license to each operating system you can dual boot. You cannot dual boot with the operating system that is upgraded. The upgrade license replaces the license for the windows version being upgraded. In other words, you cannot dual
    boot with windows 8.1 and the windows 10 upgrade.

mlg63, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Win 10 clean install on existing/added partition

You can't do this. The upgrade is only allowed as an upgrade. If you want to dual-boot, you have to go to the store and purchase a copy of Windows 10. Upgrades aren't allowed to be converted into dual-boot situations.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 26, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

No, your dual boot setup should stay the same.

NavyLCDR, Sep 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrade 10 with dual boot - Similar Threads - Upgrade dual boot

2. dual boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual boot windows 10: Hi,I have windows 10 dual boot now running with windows 7.I want to start a 3rd dual boot entry. This will be a clean install of windows 10 on the same computer on a different HD. So I will have 2 versions of windows 10.I then want to slowly migrate to this new clean install....
  3. Dual booting with Windows 7 and upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual booting with Windows 7 and upgrading to Windows 10: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Home edition and also have a spare Windows 7 Pro with a valid MSDN key. I read that you cannot upgrade Windows 7 registered with MSDN key but on another computer that had it running I went ahead with the upgrade and it worked. Activation...
  4. win 10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 dual boot: Running win 7 want to set up win10 in Partition. bought win 10 cd but it wants to overwrite win 7 rather then install in separate partition. I have the key etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-dual-boot/e592c47b-19de-4d84-9df2-7b9c6bb4aed9
  5. Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system

Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system: Having this system Ryzen 2600X@3.8Ghz, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, 2x16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Dual-X w Boost 3GB, Kfa2 GTX 1070 EX 8GB, Crucial MX300 275GB (Windows 10Pro), Crucial MX500 500GB (Kubuntu 18.04 LTS), TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB, Fractal...
  6. Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade

Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade: Just wondering if this can be done or would I be opening a can of worms. I recently did the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. All is fine. The Win7 was OEM and I have the 4 OEM disks that came with the PC. Is it possible now to reinstall Win7 on a new partition on my C drive, using...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 on a dual-boot machine

Upgrade to Win10 on a dual-boot machine: For some work that I am still doing after retirement I need a dual boot machine consequently my Windows 7 Ultimate lives alongside Ubuntu 12.04 with a shared data partition. Does anyone know if it will be safe to upgrade to Windows 10 without wiping Linux? I am still using...
  8. Windows 10 Dual boot?

Windows 10 Dual boot?: I have heard that because of windows 10, you cannot dual boot. 1- Can you dual boot with Ubunto or Linux Mint? 2- If yes, must they be set in a partition alongside the Windows partition. Thanx 92289
  9. Dual boot 10 and 7 - 10 tried to upgrade 7

Dual boot 10 and 7 - 10 tried to upgrade 7: I think thats what happened. I booted into win10, the update (or is it it upgrade) assistant said there was an update to install. It then downloaded something for about 45 minutes... rebooted... and gave me the big black screen, with the clock on it. When I reset and came...
  10. upgrading and dual booting

upgrading and dual booting: Hi everyone. My name is . I have Windows 7 X64 and I would like to upgrade to Windows 10. The question is (I get a free upgrade to Windows 10) can I dual boot windows 10 and Windows 7? Where is the consumer preview? Usually you can sample the operating system before...