Windows 10: Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

Discus and support Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have donwloaded the 21H1 ISO 64 bits. Tried to upgrade from 20H2. The procedure only offers the option "keep nothing" for a clean install. The other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by torrente2008, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

I have donwloaded the 21H1 ISO 64 bits. Tried to upgrade from 20H2. The procedure only offers the option "keep nothing" for a clean install. The other two options (to keep personal files data and programs) are not available. What could be the reason for that?

:)

torrente2008, Jun 25, 2021

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

Installed 21H1 but install data shows November 2020?

You will also find apparent discrepancies like this:

Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data [​IMG]

..........19043..................................................................................... .............. 19041

Why? Because, as has been explained to you, 20H2 -> 21H1 is not a full upgrade where all system files are replaced.

Notice the wording here at the bottom: (Control Panel, Programs and Features)

Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data [​IMG]

You should find that has an uninstall option.

A full upgrade, on the other hand, can be rolled back by default in the 10 days after installation- a completely different mechanism relying on the presence of Windows.old. That's what 21H2 will be.

dalchina, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

1. Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data - Similar Threads - Upgrade 21H1 option

2. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  3. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  4. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  6. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  7. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

8. No Option to Keep Files on 21H1 Update. Solution?

No Option to Keep Files on 21H1 Update. Solution?: Windows 10 ProBuild 19041 release 191206-1406I know the Windows 10 files are problematic. Windows updates occasionally install, but mostly don't. The package files are corrupted, according to Tweaking.com. I've had this happen before with other PCs/builds, and updating with...
  9. Does Upgrade option in Media Creation Tool keep your personal files?

Does Upgrade option in Media Creation Tool keep your personal files?: I've been having issues using the windows insider preview build, so I need to reinstall W10 with the Media Creation Tool 20H2. The only problem though is that I have 326gb of files and I don't have an external drive, USB, cloud or anything I could use to back up. My real...
  10. personal data files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    personal data files: How do I remove permanently personal data files and passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-data-files/b7112e2d-94f9-4114-8509-011233545df8"