Windows 10: Upgrade Advisor on windows phone is giving upgrade

Discus and support Upgrade Advisor on windows phone is giving upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There's been some talk recently of the upgrade advisor not being available in the Store on various Windows 8.1 phones or if available it will state the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tomseys, Apr 18, 2017.

1. tomseys Win User

Upgrade Advisor on windows phone is giving upgrade

There's been some talk recently of the upgrade advisor not being available in the Store on various Windows 8.1 phones or if available it will state the upgrade is not available. This was my experience recently with an unlocked 640. At one point it was giving the upgrade but then it stopped giving it over the past week.

Note: some windows phones will not get the upgrade and this can be googled.

Anyway, I've noticed as of this morning the upgrade advisor is in the store and is now giving the upgrade. I can confirm it works with unlocked 640 and I've heard it works with lumia 930 (that it wasn't working with previously) so if you tried recently and your phone is upgradeable and UA did not offer the upgrade, you might want to try again now.

:)

tomseys, Apr 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 mobile

Hi Ian, I've already done this. It was the upgrade advisor which told me that windows 10 was unavailable for my phone. It wouldn't give any explanation.

simonkillen, Apr 18, 2017
  3. EmazAnwar Win User
    Upgrade Advisor for Lumia 540 DS?

Upgrade Advisor is used to upgrade a phone to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1! Once the phone is upgraded to Windows 10, the Upgrade Advisor becomes useless and there is no sense of having it on your phone that is why it is not compatible on your phone!

EmazAnwar, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

Upgrade Advisor on windows phone is giving upgrade

1. Upgrade Advisor on windows phone is giving upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade Advisor phone

2. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618
  3. need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to download windows 7 upgrade advisor and a clean install download of windows 7: I'm looking to upgrade my toshiba satellite M305-S4848 from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Can anyone help me achieve this please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-download-windows-7-upgrade-advisor-and-a/4f6337c3-2803-4448-92d7-17b34eb3c618
  4. Upgrading WIndows 11 22H2 gives error

Upgrading WIndows 11 22H2 gives error: Hello allI have been running windows 11 for a while now and I decided to upgrade to windows 11 22H2, even though it will disable my ribbon hack for file explorer. : Does anyone have any suggestions? A search found most of the suggestions for this error involve upgrading from...
  5. Upgrading WIndows 11 22H2 gives error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading WIndows 11 22H2 gives error: Hello allI have been running windows 11 for a while now and I decided to upgrade to windows 11 22H2, even though it will disable my ribbon hack for file explorer. : Does anyone have any suggestions? A search found most of the suggestions for this error involve upgrading from...
  6. windows 7 upgrade advisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 upgrade advisor: I'm using windows 10 and would like to install windows 7 also , I clicked a hyper link to download windows 7 upgrade advisor provided by a Microsoft MVP but its sending to a download page and nothing else ,,I'm using chrome ,,...
  7. windows 7 upgrade advisor

windows 7 upgrade advisor: I'm using windows 10 and would like to install windows 7 also , I clicked a hyper link to download windows 7 upgrade advisor provided by a Microsoft MVP but its sending to a download page and nothing else ,,I'm using chrome ,,...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor: is there an update advisor/assistant to run to see if everything is compatible for when win 10 in released? 6585
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Phone 'Update Advisor' app available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone 'Update Advisor' app available: Update Advisor can help check if an update is available for your phone and free up space to get you started. It connects to the network to check for new updates, then helps you free up space for updates by recommending files that you can move to an SD card or OneDrive to...
  10. Microsoft Updates the Windows Phone Upgrade Advisor App

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Updates the Windows Phone Upgrade Advisor App: Microsoft Updates the Windows Phone Upgrade Advisor App New version released today, no info on what’s new [img] Upgrade Advisor is pretty much the phone sibling of the “Get Windows 10” app launched by Microsoft for PCs running an older version of Windows, and is...